Avoiding hurt

Karima ended up waking at 7:45. She checked on Emily who was still asleep before going into the back yard and taking a few puffs out of her vape. Much to her annoyance, she realised that she was going to have to be much more careful when avoiding Emily catch her vaping. Who knows what might happen? She could get kicked out. And honestly? She wouldn't blame Emily for doing that. Why live with someone you can't trust?
Typical you Karima , she thought while slipping the vape into her back pocket. Thinking about getting kicked out on your first day. After sitting downstairs for a bit, Karima decided to wake her up at around 8:15. Feeling bad for not making her breakfast, Emily assured her. "It's fine. You're the guest." Then frowning she noted. "Have you ate Karima? Remember what Dawn said." Internally rolling her eyes, Karima put on a smile and reassured her "I packed some sandwiches in my case for today."

Karima was almost shaking when she got to the centre. Putting a hand on her knee Emily told her " Don't worry. You see the USWNT? These girls are just as nice." Karima gave a grateful smile but felt bad for acting like a kid.

Karima found out that her number was #6. While she was happy about that, she was a bit worried that she wasn't near Emily. However Andressinha and Emily Menges appeared nice. Training was quite good. Karima got embarrassed when Mark singled her out though. It wasn't anything bad just that it was Karimas first training session. She spoke with those she recognised from the National team such as Franch, Tobin and Lindsey. There was also Meghan who always made Karima laugh.

Karimas first game was a big one. Against the North Carolina Courage no less. She was nervous. The game was just 2 days as well.
However that was the least of her worries right now. A text message she got from Emma was her current worry.
Do you mind explaining what the fuck happened?

Karima was angry as well.
No. I was standing up for myself and that was it.

It didn't take long for Emma to send another text.
Not that. The fact that...I had to find out from the fucking news that you signed with a team?

Karima didn't understand the fuss.
I'm a fucking adult Emma. I'm 17 not 7.
What Emma said next stung.
You don't always act like it though

Karima didn't even realise that tears were steaming down or face or that Emily was in the room until she sat next to her and wiped the tears from her face. "I didn't expect it from her." Emily gave a sympathetic gaze. "Sometimes people just have to let it out Karima. You can't always avoid getting hurt."