An interesting offer

Karima was excited to play the Netherlands. She admired many of their players- Daniëlle van de Donk , Lieke Martens, Sherida Spitse the list was endless.  They were European and World Cup finalists and Karima's favourite European team.
So the nerves were obviously there.
Little did Karima know, an horrible surprise waited for her.
On the bus, she got a message which sent chills down her back.

Kaz, they're fucking coming

Karima instantly texted Emma back.

Who? Them?

Cold sweat was dripping down Karima's forehead.

Yes. They arrived today and are coming with the rest of your family.

Karima sighed. Of course things were going to go wrong.

I guess you were told this by Yazmin?

The text popped up.

yes. Wait how did you know?

Karima switched off her phone and closed her eyes when she heard a voice. "What's wrong?" Emily seemed to have gotten the gist of something not being right . Karima turned over and opened her eyes. "They're coming." She told the defender. Emily frowned. "Your family?" Karima nodded. Emily grabbed her hand. "Are you worried?" She asked. Karima gave a small smile. "A bit but things seem better when you're around." Emily smirked. "What a sop." Karima gave a smirk back. "What a cringe."

Karima kept her place. The XI was pretty much the same although Rose had sustained an injury in the last game and Lindsey came into her place.
Looking over, Karima could spot several current and former Arsenal players. She decided to ignore that though and look straight ahead after a wee conversation with her excited mascot who turned 8 today.

The USWNT knew that revenge was wanted by the Dutch. However they were a bit caught. Martens and de Donk were linking up excellently and both had 2 excellent chances each.
The U.S started to eventually assert some dominance and on the brink of halftime, had a goal by Morgan disallowed via V.A.R.
Once again, both teams headed into the break no further ahead than at the start.
Vlatko was encouraging "We just need to keep going. We're doing well maybe try and be more clinical."

After the break though, the Netherlands were on top. There was no surprise in their perspective, when they took the lead. It was the 63rd minute and Holland had a corner. Spitse's ball floated above everyone yet found the head of the 5"2 Daniëlle van De Donk who perfectly executed her header past the outstretched arms of Naeher and desperate clearance attempts of Dahlkemper and Sauerbrunn.

Instantly, substitutions were made. Morgan and Tobin were put on for Lindsey and Sam respectively.
The Netherlands fired back with their own changes. Shanice van de Sanden came on which terrified Karima. The forwards pace was menacing. Both sides went back and forth with chances and shots with at one point the stats flashing on the replay board saying that both sides had 10 shots each .
The time was ticking and now it was the 84th minute. The USWNT fans were now chanting in an desperate attempt to rally the team.
Then Mal, who had came on just minutes prior sent a looping cross over. Sari van Veenendaal then jumped into the air to catch the ball. Which she did. However, the goalie then collided with Jill Roord and dropped the ball in the process.
A scramble then occurred which ended in Alex scuffing the ball into the goal to equalise.
The Dutch protested but no fault could be found with the goal.
So extra time it is. Karima was a lot more exhausted than usual but then again, marking van de Sanden was never an easy task.
The half resumed with the USWNT making their final change and bringing on Ertz for Press.
Yet nothing really happened. Both teams were out of it.
After halftime though, a recharge seemed to appear. Vivienne Miedema forced Ertz into a goal line clearance. Coach Sarina Weigman was really urging her team forward. Which ended up turning into a mistake.
Three extra minutes were added onto the end and everyone was looking to extra time. Then the USWNT launched a counterattack.
Everyone was going forward. Tobin led the rampage , skipping past Spitse and Groenen before nutmegging van de Sanden.  Then she teed up Kelley who found Sanchez with a through ball before the winger backheeled back into Brian's path. The midfielder then calmly dispatched the ball into the goal to seal the game and send USWNT into the final 8.

After the jubilant joy and cheer, the final whistle went and Karima consoled van de Donk, Roord and Miedema. After the trio thanked her, Daniëlle spoke up. "Would you ever join Arsenal?"

AUTHORS NOTE: Let me know, should Karima leave or should she stay? (Keeping in mind this would affect her relationship)