"We're going to the Olympics!"

It was July the 14th. Karima and Emily were both nervous. Although I think you can tell who was more nervous. The now 18-year old was the first to get a call though. Not that Karima was optimistic though. The roster was much shorter than that of the World Cup. What made anyone think she deserved to get a place ahead of anyone who won the biggest prize in football last year? She was so nervous though that Karima dropped her phone much to Emily's (suppressed) amusement. After (finally) picking it up, Karima heard Vlatko's voice. "Karima I just want to say that-" Then the teen panicked. Karima hung up. Yep that's right . She hated phone calls anyway. Why not a text? It was easier to get over with. Emily's phone rang before she had a chance to question Karima. Judging by her happy tone, Emily had been chosen. Not that Karima was surprised though. Then Emily's tone seemed to change. "Seriously? She did that?" Karima was nervous. The calm ended not long after and to her shock, Emily came into the room, looking like she was trying to hold her laughter back. "Karima?" She eventually stuttered up. "Why did you hang up on Vlatko?" Karima felt embarrassed. "I'm sorry I didn't want to-" "Get a place on the Olympic squad?" Emily interrupted. "Yeah I...wait, WHAT?" Karima stood up and directly looked at her teammate in the face. "I seriously did that?" With a massive grin on her face Emily said "I think  you should call him back." No shit , Karima thought seriously embarrassed now. The coach picked up on the first dial. "Coach I'm so-" Karima could hear Dawn laughing in the background and it seemed that Vlatko was trying not to laugh either. "It's ok Karima. I can understand." Karima felt confused once more. "I just want to say." Vlatko continued. "On the second attempt,would you accept a place in the Olympic squad?" Karima was trying to hold back all her emotions. " Of course! Thank you all so much!" Andonovski finally let out a laugh. " No problem. See you in a week!" Karima said her byes before turning to Emily. "We're going to the Olympics!" They both yelled in unison.