"We need to talk"

Karima kept the offer to herself. There was no need to distract anyone during the tournament. Wait? What if this was a distraction? Arsenal was a club she adored. Leaving though would mean leaving Emily and this worried Karima.

Earlier on in the day, Brazil beat Argentina 4-1 to set up a quarter final tie against the USWNT. A rematch of 3 years ago, Karima was nervous. As usual.

On the match day, Karima got another text.

Kaz, your fam wants to speak to you

Replying, Karima typed

Can't you tell them to fuck off?

I'm not gonna tell them that!

Sighing, Karima responded

Can you tell them to stay out my business? There's no need for us to talk

Emma compromised

I'll tell Cole to say that. I'm a bit scared of your fam y'know

Karima couldn't help but let out a small smile.

Given the news by Alex, that it was Marta's last tournament, Karima went up to the Brazilian while they were waiting to go. Tapping her on the shoulder, she waited until the icon turned around before blurting out "I'm sorry to bother you it's just to say thanks for inspiring people like me!" It sounded extremely cringe, yet the 37-year old simply smiled. "You're the Orlando kid eh?" Karima was honoured that she had been recognised. "Uh yeah." Marta put a hand on her shoulder. "I wish you the very best, friend." Then she cupped her hand and whispered into Karima's ear. "Heard you may be on the move."
Karima's face went bright red. "H-How?" She whispered back. Marta shrugged. "It's in the rumour mill."
It was now Karima's turn to shrug. "I don't know." Both players turned to Emily who was laughing and joking with the mascots alongside Lindsey. "How are you gonna tell her?" Marta wanted to know. Karima was honest. "I'm not."

The game started and it was a complete demolition . Up 4-0 at halftime, everyone was celebrating. Alex,Tobin,Lindsey and Christen were the goal scorers.
The second half, the USWNT took their foot off the pedal although Sanchez and Pugh both came on and scored to make to 6-0.
The game finished and as everyone went to console Marta, Karima headed towards her family when she heard a voice that hadn't spoken to her in a couple of years now.
"We need to talk, kahbi (slut)" her mum spat at her. Karima looked towards her teammates, then sighed. "Look mama, not today okay? Maybe after the tournament." Karima looked to Emma's horrified face, Cole who seemed like he was about to punch her mum, before leaving .
Wondering over to Emily, Karima whispered "I might talk to my mum after the tournament." The defender casually smirked. "And? I'll come with you. She can't do anything ."
Karima wondered how she was always able to be calmed down by her girlfriend.