USA VS CANADA-#1

Karima couldn't sleep. Tossing and turning, she was up all night. Time was going quick though. Having went to bed at 8 ("Game nights are early nights girls!"were Dawns own words) the next time Karima looked at the clock it was 3:20 in the morning. So she went on her phone. After typing up the Canadian roster, Karima was stunned to see a certain name appear on the list. Clicking on Sharon McClaude's profile, it listed her as an 18 year old defender. Well she was going to be 18 tomorrow and as for being a defender...she was certainly a dirty one. Karima tried to calm herself They won't give her a debut in a game like this. But she was still worried. The Canadian was the only person she knew who could wind her up. How? Because the secrets that Karima desperately doesn't want people to know...have a few that contain Sharon McClaude.
The alarm clock went off at six. Moaning, Emily figured out how to switch it off while Karima got changed and headed downstairs. She declined offers of coffee and scrambled egg (Karima didn't like either to be honest) but was forced by Dawn to take two slices of toast. Karima was stuck as to who to sit next to on the bus. Trying to be in a secluded corner to not annoy anyone, Karima was surprised to see Carli plonk down next to her. "You nervous?" She instantly asked. Karima hesitated. "I-" Carli shook her head. "Of course you are everyone gets nervous on their debuts." Karima was suspicious. "So you only sat next to me because it might be my debut?" Carli frowned. "First of all, it will be your debut and also everyone else is too annoying on game day." While looking around she added. "Also to do anything to try and limit your phone time. It's glued to your hand." "I'm not gonna be playing with it." Karima joked "You better not!"
The ride wasn't long. Around 10 minutes later they were at the stadium. That's when everything began to sink in. Karima could make out fans waving to them. As the others waved back, she stood there in awe and found in awkward to wave if they didn't know who she was.
Karima followed the others to their changing room. Crystal and Emily instantly put on music which as always, soothes her down. After they put their trading gear on, the players headed out to perform a few warm ups. On the other side of the pitch, Canadian players warmed up. Karima could feel a few of their eyes on her and when she looked up, she saw a couple glaring at her with mocking grins while someone seemed to be pointing although Karima couldn't make out who. Ali appeared to have noticed. " It's ok." She whispered in Karimas ear. "You have to get used to the jealousy." Not long after, the team headed back to the changing rooms to ...change. Then Dawn came in and not long after ,Vlatko.
"Ladies" clasping his hands, fire was in Vlatkos eyes. "When I took this job, one of my priorities was to always beat the Canadians . They've not changed. So ladies you know what you have to do." Vlatko turned to Karima. "What a debut to have." The USWNT put their hands in the middle. "On three!" Allie yelled. "One, two, three...I BELIEVE!"
As they waited in the tunnels, Karima felt eyes on her once more. Then a hand was placed on her shoulder. Karima came face to face with none other than Sharon McClaude. "Karima Mendoza" she purred. Not wanting to make a scene Karima responded in an equally calm voice. "You're making your debut as well?" Sharon appeared annoyed. "It was overdue." Karima just realised that she triggered her. "I hope your going to accept the fact that the U.S will lose" Sharon hissed into her ear. "And that you may not make the 90 minutes." Karima didn't see anything that shady. "Well yeah, because I'll probably get substituted." Sharon was very angry at this point . "Don't play smart Karima." She whispered. "You know you always lose." With that she marched into the back to the line and with everyone's eyes on her, Karima turned to face the front.