Moving in

Terrified as always, Karima was advised by Cole to let someone else know of the news. While he didn't specify it seemed logical to Karima to let a teammate know. She didn't want to tell Emma just yet and there was no way she was letting any of them know. Scrolling down her contacts, Karima remembered that Emily had given her number to Karima. Being a coward as usual, Karima decided to text her.
To Emily:
Hey, sorry to bother you. Just wanted to let you know that you're going to be stuck with me on National and Club duty.

To Karimas surprise, Emily quickly answered.

SERIOUSLY?!

Karima couldn't tell whether that she was mad or glad.

Um is that okay?

Once again, the reply was swift.

Are you serious? That's amazing. But I think it's you that should be worried. Means more opportunities to find out more about you 😉

Karimas found herself in cold sweat. Cole noticed. "Hey Karima are you blushing?" This made Karima blush furiously. "What? Are you trying to say something?" Cole laughed. "Defensive. No.1 tactic of Miss Mendoza." Karima was still confused. "I don't get it." Cole spelt it out for her. "You're in L.O.V.E"
Karima backed away as if Cole had thrown a spider at her (Karima hated spiders). "W-What? Cole she doesn't love me. She's just being nice. I'm new." Cole wasn't giving up. "Do you love her though?" Shaking her head Karima replied "I hope not." Cole frowned. "Don't push her away Karima. You deserve to be loved. Don't do what I did." Karima remembered.

Not long after coming out, Cole went out with this boy called Griffin Bower. He was really nice. Cole truly loved him. Then one day, Cole broke up with him. All because of his own insecurities and that he felt he didn't deserve Bower. Each discussion Karima and Cole have about love, he expresses his regrets at doing that.

Karima nodded. "I won't Cole. But trust me we don't have feelings for each other. I can't love someone." She added quietly. "Everyone can love Karima." Cole assured her. "You're just afraid right now which is okay."

Karima got picked up at three o'clock as promised. After getting a flight to Portland, she was escorted to the Providence Park where she met Mark. "Pleased to meet you Mendoza." His English accent rang through her ears. Accepting his his handshake Karima replied " Lovely to meet you Coach Parsons."
Her coach laughed. "You can call me Mark."
After signing the contract, Karima was led around the facilities and then the changing room. After the tour, Karima asked Mark if she began training tomorrow. Laughing he told her "If you can like. I thought though that you didn't have a place." Feeling a bit embarrassed Karima responded "I...don't. But I could just rent a hotel for a bit. Commitment to this team is key." Nodding Mark said "You've got it." He turned around towards the exit before saying "I mean Karima if you can do it, that's excellent. If not...don't stress." Karima thanked him before leaving.
She entered a nearby café where she checked the hotels online. Karima didn't notice that a certain Sonnett had sneaked in and when she looked up, Karima got a fright to see the defender in front of her. "Fucking hell!" She yelled. Emily laughed remembering the first meeting they had. "So..." Emily extended her arms out for a hug "heard you're my new club teammate." After hugging Karima said "Unfortunately for you." Her grin began to fade though. "Need to search for a place to stay." Noticing Karimas suitcase, Sonnett came up with a spontaneous decision. "Stay at mine." She stated. Karima spat out her hot chocolate. "Sorry?" Emily wasn't  deterred. "You've not got a place so...stay at mine." Karima still couldn't get the idea around her head. "S-Sorry but that's too much on you, I mean you wouldn't want to live with someone like me." Emily leaned in. "Why not?" Karima's heart began to flutter. Oh shit , Karima thought she did have feelings for her . Even more of a reason to not live with her. Well not a reason. An excuse. Wait what? What was going on in Karimas head?
"Uh...I dunno now." Emily triumphantly nodded. "That's what I thought." Taking Karimas suitcase, she also took the midfielder back. "We need to get to my place no?" She explained.