Chapter 4-4: Baby Monitor

Y/N

"Well I guess congratulations are in order."
-ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod! Did Raven tell Qrow? Or maybe she told summer. What if she told everybody?!?! Why a I acting this way? I love her YES! It's just the timing I guess.
This isn't the type of news you wanna hear or the reaction you want after just coming out of a firefight. Whatever you do don't talk like an idiot!
"Well I mean it's the greatest thing ever anyone could...do ever. Y'know."
-SHIT!
"How are you feeling? Ever since Raven told you she was pregnant how did you take the news." For once Qrow was being serious. I need to stop and think about this. Not as Y/N right now, but as a man and a future father. Qrow waited as I gathered my thoughts and responses.
Call me old fashion, but I never meant for a situation like this to happen for Raven to get pregnant. I wasn't very wise in the romantic catalog. If I would to love someone I would love them for their pros their cons. Their worst of times their greatest of days. I would accept from body and soul. I would love them just as much as they would show me. from that love over time new life would be born.
"Y/N, this is my sister. We maybe adults but we're nearly hitting our mid-twenties. We still have our whole life ahead of ourselves."
If someone would have told me about Raven the first time. I would have just shrugged my shoulders and thought nothing of it. She was just a student at beacon academy. What would there be a reason to think about her. I would go on and on about how I wouldn't care one way or three other about Raven Branwen.
The ceiling was empty like my thoughts, I couldn't fine the words to fit my vocabulary. In a way that expressed my thought, that conveyed my feelings about it. The truth is, "The truth is, I was scared Qrow. Look at me I have no right to be with someone like her to have her bear a child of mine. Not only was I scared of that, but I was scared of her. The time I've had with her felt so surreal like it was a dream I never wanted to wake up from."
Qrow has released a heavy sigh, "what's your plan now?" Maybe to abandon Raven for the time being. Not to leave her but to keep her safe. A new treat strikes again I don't need her to fight a battle that doesn't concern her.
Raven is worried about me regardless. How I've been beating myself up over my vision, she still tries her best to put on a smile for my sake.  Even as adults she still besting me like always. The thought of us fight when we were kids carved a smile. Now with everything I know about Raven and I, if someone had brought up Raven Branwen, I could recall the time when I first arrived at beacon. She looked down at me with a lose grin. When the light like shined behind Raven her smile was like a bright star. She was so graceful, her touch so gentile.
-scared is the word I would use. Not for her for us.
"I see so you don't have a plan then-"
"The hell I do Qrow!" My body sizzled with pain, throwing the blanket of me getting off the bed. I wanted to keel over curl up in a ball just sob like a baby. FUCK! THAT! "Whoever these Kamitsuki people are they just attack Raven, and my unborn child. I don't care I'll set the whole goddamn world of Remnant ablaze to keep those them safe. If theirs one thing I've learn you don't fuck with a mans family!"
"Do you even hear yourself Y/N. You sound like you haven't matured at all you act out irrationally, not thinking things through. How Raven feel in love with an idiot like you is beyond me." Qrow sprung from his seat exiting the room, he stopped at the doorway not looking back at me, "it's time for you to grow up, start looking at the bigger picture your in. Be a man and take responsibility."
The door slammed it's sound echoed in my subconscious. That stung more than any wound I've ever experienced. Haven't matured act out irrationally. Being told that by someone who You looked up to has a different effect to it.

*********

The sound of a distant door slammed as Summer and Raven looked towards the doorway Qrow had stood firm with look of disappointment craved on his face.
"What did you tell him?" Summer asked.
"Something no one told me when I needed to grow up." Qrow looked up to his sister. Raven looked away shutting her eyes in emotional pain.