Chapter 6-5: Soul of Many Names

Y/N

It was only two days. Two days for everyone to get hungry for some action. The men and women who readied their fangs to get in some treasure sharpened their knifes and daggers. Checking their weapons and ammo. I was going to make sure our hunt was going to be filling. I was hungry myself since we were in misteral I was hoping to find some hunters and huntdress that wanna play hero.
I had the rumor spread around the village they were going to get attack, in a short time. They were dire scavenge up enough money for their hire warriors only for us to take it. Gotta keep the town well funded.
It worked within three days word came back to us our prey was ready. We waited until the dead of night I see the the torches lit in the far distance.
"Hey boss, why did we wait so long just to attack this town?" One of the raiders had asked me.
We had time to kill so why not I'll do a Q and A, "simple, Jake. I've had an urge to fight my next opponent when they are at their best. I wanna see how this huntsmen can fight against someone like us. Besides!" I gathered all my raiders attention, "DONT WE WANT SOME ACTION! MONEY! ALCOHOL! Keep our skills in check! When this world had turn it's back on us labeling us as criminals why not play the part. You guys held you fangs back for a while even while I wasn't being your leader. I'm going to change that! Destroy and collect whatever you WANT! Leave the huntsmen and huntdress to me though. Those are my prey got it." Everyone cheered and screamed a war cry echoed reaching the small town. "Are you ready guys!" The cried in with vines popping out of their neck, "then put your GUNS ON!"

He'll have no mercy for the stress I was going to relive tonight. Everyone cheered and war cried down the hill. I was leading the main effort into battle. If recon was correct they had a defensive line where a few huntsmen are posted to the north. Some scattered in and around the town. Some were categorized as long shooters, support, close combat.
Defense offense and backup. The intel I was given were no more than twenty huntsmen where called to this town no less that ten.
Rookie numbers.
As the little torches from the town burned brighter and brighter I was getting excited to fight. Now I had people will to put their lives on the line. I'll make sure all of them get back home with a few scars or so.
The operation was simple, the main effort element would attack from the north being a clear diversion. An old book once said of a cat can catch a mouse it's a good cat. How about a rat? If a mouse can trick a cat, is it a good cat or is it just a fool being played by its own food. A situation where you put your life on the line like that thinking you underestimated your opponent before you know it the prey has caught you in its trap. Then whose the hunter and or the hunted.
I looked at the team leader for the first main effort, "I'll lead the attack first! Get as many people inside the town as you can. If you have to fight then fight. If not, victor goes the spoils!" I had Katar strapped to the side of my thy my feet lifted of the ground for a few moments. As the tip of the blade launched into town it immediately latched onto something or someone. The wire had started to retract. Ripping Aoi off my back to be at the ready while I pulled Ace of Rose from its holster, already firing three bullets down range.
Bring my legs to my chest I brasses for my collision. So it happens to be Katars blade has latched into a huntsman skull. Sucks to be him. Shit that mean I waisted three bullets on a corpse already.
Bad Y/N!
Jumping off the body I threw Aoi to the next huntsmen directly to my left. As it only severed their arm, I pulled Katar of my thy shooting its blade to latch on to Aoi's handle pulling back to retrieve my weapon. The huntsmen behind me held his weapon over my head releasing a battle cry.
Rotten life, war, anger, fire over a garden life. Negative emotion was a way to trigger this ability that was opposite of the silver eye warriors. As they thought of life, preservation, friends family loved ones. If I had thought of the opposite then it should have the same effects. I could turn grimm to stone or burn them away. What would this cruse do to humans and faunces? Dropping my arms to my side I starred into the huntsmen's eyes seeing my own reflection. A bright violet light engulfed both myself and the huntsman. As the light began to fade, dim, perish all was left was black ashes.
Everything has balance in the world. A spring comes life begins to sprout bloom spread its seeds of life throughout the world. Summer begin have those seeds of life have it bloom and shine to its fullest. Fall begins to slowly dwindle that life but still keeps them enjoyable while summer is still around. eventually Winter buries life into the ground as it covered the land with White snow. Thus spring returns melting the snow and bring life back to humanity.
What the hell is wrong with me? why am I speaking as if I have some general idea of how life is... no nevermind.
"You okay?" Archer approach me from my rear while our troops began storming the village. I threw my hoodie over head to find my face not answering him but continuing to fight others, "good talk M'lord."