The Truth Untold

*I suck at writing angst, but I tried. This was inspired by the fanart above*

Summary: Jimin's thoughts as he watches Jungkook get married. His love for the maknae was the truth that was left untold. One may never know if that love was ever returned.

Tags: Angst. Tears. Weddings. Hurt No Comfort. Sad Park Jimin. Hurt Park Jimin. Unrequited Love. One Sided Relationship. Sad Ending. Minor Jeon Jungkook/Original Female Character. Taehyung makes a very brief appearance. Drabble.

~~~~~~~

It was exactly how Jimin imagined it. How he imagined his wedding one day. How he imagined his and Jungkook's wedding one day.

Unclouded sunset blue skies and glimmering sunlight, casting a vibrant splash of yellow dandelion and orange blossom across the soft white sand and cerulean depths. It was beautiful and peaceful. It only served to sadden Jimin even more.

The seagulls were squawking softly overhead as if they knew a wedding was taking place and didn't wish to disturb Jungkook's wedding with the usual loud squawking associated with seagulls.

It wouldn't surprise the older man if the whole world froze if Jungkook so desired. He knew because he would do exactly that for the younger man. He would do anything for him even watch helplessly as the love of his life married a woman.

A gorgeous woman that he couldn't bring himself to hate. It wasn't her fault that Jungkook didn't love him. It was just a cruel twist of fate that Jimin fell in love with a man that would never see him as anything, but a friend.

Still, the feeling of bittersweetness and envy filled every nook inside of Jimin, and overflowed in the form salty tears down his pale cheeks. He was drowning in a depthless pool of unrequited love. And he was sinking unable to keep afloat.

Although, it hurt everything inside of Jimin to admit, they were beautiful together. The setting sun casted a pretty shimmer over them. The bride's silky ginger hair shone brighter due to the orange and pink glow coming from the sky. It was impossible to deny her natural beauty because you can just see it in the way Jungkook's dark eyes softened and lips quirked upwards.

The singer's face said it all. He was irrevocably and desperately in love with this woman. Jimin would know this expression anywhere. It was the same look he had whenever he looked at Jungkook. Or so much as thought about him.

Jimin bit his bottom lip to keep the wail of anguish deep inside. He couldn't cry and ruin Jungkook's big day. He would continue to be the good loyal hyung to the very end.

It's okay. It's okay. Just imagine...that it's you, the one Jungkook is marrying at the luminescent Obyan beach in Saipan. If only to keep yourself floating for just a little while longer. Jimin thought to himself.

Jimin ignored everyone else around them, let his vision tunnel on the handsome man at the altar. It would be like only he and Jungkook existed in this planet. The younger man would be looking at Jimin. With his deep brown eyes, so intense and hypnotic, staring straight back into Jimin's mocha gaze; unwavering yet delicate. Full of undying love and adoration.

Jungkook's large bunny smile would whisper a loving promise to him, only for the older man's ears. A promise to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part. As well as the next life.

And then, those smooth petal pink lips would lean down and find Jimin's own soft plump ones. The kiss would be sweet, deep, and everlasting.

Their bodies would become tangled together not perfectly, but it would be perfect to them. They would lose themselves the following night after the ceremony in a mess of intimate dancing, gentle touching and passionate kissing. The other members would be congratulating them with happy grins on their faces. Their families would be as equally joyous or more so.

The loud call of a single seagull breaks the fantasy forcing the dancer to face the cruel reality in front of him. Instead of standing right next to Jungkook, he found himself sitting down in the first row with the other members.

Being suddenly ripped out of his dream and dropped into reality had Jimin panicking. His inflatable life vest keeping him afloat disappeared and he was drowning once again. He frantically searched for the familiar dark eyes to serve as an anchor, but found them locked to the mossy green eyes of his now wife.

They suddenly seemed to be so far away, even though Jimin was sitting in the first row. It brought a certain amount of amusement to Jimin knowing he got to be in the front row seat to the worst day of his life.

The diamond ring twinkled as it caught the fading sunlight. Jimin, himself, helped Jungkook pick the ring. It was slipped perfectly into place around the bride's wedding finger. An array of tiny emeralds surrounded the modestly sized diamond in the center, complementary to her eyes. Jimin could distinctly hear Jungkook saying that when he first saw the ring.

The kiss that came next earned a loud  chorus of joyful laughter and cheers. But Jimin could barely hear anything at all. The sound of his heart breaking into shards louder than anything else.

The white rice meant for throwing on the newlyweds immediately fell from Jimin's pale hands onto the sandy ground at the sight. Taehyung who sat right next to him looked at him with concern, his eyes were too knowing for Jimin's liking. The dancer got up and walked away with no regard to who potentially saw him leave.

Jimin had to remind himself to keep walking and not to turn around. He would cry or worse scream at Jungkook for choosing her, not him. What did she have that he didn't?

She's a woman, for starters. Jimin's mind so bitterly reminded him.

Jungkook didn't even know about the hopeless love, Jimin harbored for him. He never found the courage to tell him and face the inevitable rejection. And probably never would. The only thing he knew he could do, and had already done so many times in the past years, was cry. Sob until his eyes were swollen shut and throat rubbed raw. But he was done crying.

The dancer couldn't stop himself from turning around one last time. Jungkook was holding her tenderly in his arms like he would never let go. And for a split second, Jungkook looked away from her and made eye contact with Jimin.

Those mesmerising dark chocolate eyes were full of emotion, emotions Jimin couldn't identify. Longing, perhaps? Maybe regret for what was left unspoken between them.

Jimin turned his back to Jungkook breaking the eye contact just as a single tear slipped down his cheek. He would never know.

~~~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed this. Leave a like or a comment if you did. Thank you so much for reading.

P.S. This has not been proofread, so excuse any grammar and spelling mistakes. They are all my own.

P.S.S. Remember if you have a request for me, please go read the chapter Introduction. It will tell you everything you need to know.