"Washington"

Dylan, Brian & Dyxon said their "good bye"s to the rest of the Michaels clan & were on their way back home to Washington. They were set to be back by the 30th of December.

Dyxon: You boys ready to go back home?
Brian: I've got to be honest.
Dyxon: Go ahead.
Brian: I can't wait! I mean, don't get me wrong, Uncle Dyxon, I love my family. I do. I think I'd go crazy if I had to live with my siblings again. It's just too much for me.
Dyxon: How about you, Dylan?
Dylan: Oh... Yeah, I guess.
Dyxon: Is uh... Summer coming home for the New Year?
Dylan: I'm not sure.
Dyxon: Son, when was the last time you talked to Summer.
Dylan: Last week.
Dyxon: You two used to be inseparable. I remember when you two couldn't keep your hands off of each other. What happened?
Dylan: Look, dad, I messed up, ok? Is that what you wanna hear?

Dyxon pulled over.

Dylan: What are we doing?
Dyxon: What did you do?
Brian (under his breath): Oh crap...
Dylan: What do you mean?
Dyxon: You said you messed up.
Dylan: I...I kissed someone else.
Dyxon: So you cheated on Summer?! How could you?
Dylan: I know, dad... I hate myself for it.
Dyxon: Wait, don't tell me it was with Michie.
Dylan: It was. And now Summer probably hates me.
Dyxon: Well, son, you wrote the song & it's time to face the music.
Dylan: That's exactly what I'm afraid of, dad. I don't want to lose her, but I think I already have.

Dylan ended up crying & Dyxon grabbed his son to comfort him. After a minute or so, they were back on the road. Dylan fell asleep & Dyxon kept checking on Dylan by glancing his way. He felt bad for his son, it was the first time he'd say his son was in love with someone. Summer was his son's first love & perhaps even his soon-to-be first heartbreak.

After a couple days on the road, this masculine trio made it back to Washington safe & sound. Dyxon dropped the boys off at their apartment & then he headed to the shop. Man, Dyxon missed his shop & the grease-smelling garage. He glanced around the garage to see if everything was in order then he headed up to get settled in. Dylan went straight to his room without saying a word to his cousin. Brian felt so bad about Dylan & Summer. He wanted to help. As he was getting a snack in the kitchen, an idea came to him. He quickly grabbed his keys & went out the door.

Brian drove to Serena & Grandma's. He knew how he could help Summer & Dylan, but he couldn't do it alone. He needed help & he knew Serena was all the help he needed. He parked & got out, walked up the steps & rang the doorbell. Grandma answered the door.

Grandma: Hello there, Brian. Long time no see. How was your trip?
Brian: Hey Grandma, it was great. I got to see my folks. Is Serena home by any chance?
Grandma: Yes, she's here.
Brian: May I speak to her?
Grandma: Of course. Come on in.
Brian: Thank you.

Brian wiped his shoes before entering. As Serena was walking down the stairs, Brian looked up & saw her. She was already at 20 weeks & starting to show in her pregnancy.

Serena: I know, I'm fat.
Brian: No, no, I wasn't thinking that at all. You're beautiful.
Serena: Yeah whatever. How are you?

Serena gave Brian a hug.

Brian: I'm good. I'm good. You?
Serena: Well, besides getting fat, I'm not throwing up anymore so that's a good thing.
Brian: Good.
Serena: You wanna sit?
Brian: Yeah.

They sat on the couch. Grandma brought out coffee.

Brian: Thanks, Grandma.
Grandma: My pleasure. Not for you, Serena. You get water.
Serena: Boo...
Brian: You can't have coffee?
Serena: Well, my doctor said I can have a cup a day, but Grandma says any caffeine at all is bad for the baby. I'm definitely drinking coffee as soon as I pop this girl out.
Brian: So you're having a girl?
Serena: Yup!
Brian: Wow, that's awesome, Serena.
Serena: So... What are you doing here?
Brian: I know this drop in was random, but... I'm sure you've heard about Summer & Dylan.
Serena: Yeah.
Brian: He's just so heartbroken & sorry. I think we should help them get back together.
Serena: No.

Brian furrowed his brows in confusion.

Brian: What? Why not?!
Serena: Dylan's heartbroken? I'm sorry, did Summer cheat on him or did he cheat on Summer?
Brian: It was a mistake.
Serena: You're right about that.

Serena stood up to walk to the kitchen for more water. Brian stood up to follow her.

Brian: Let me help you.
Serena: I'm pregnant not sick. I can help myself thank you.

Serena refilled her glass.

Serena: Brian, I think it's so nice of you to try to help your cousin. He's your family so I get where you're coming from. But Summer is my family & you need to understand where I'm coming from.
Brian: Dylan still loves her. They need to be together.

Serena shook her head.

Serena: Summer's moved on.

Brian had a look of defeat on his face.

Serena: I hope the best for Dylan. Really I do. It's just not gonna work out. I'm sorry.
Brian: Well, I tried.
Serena: I'll walk you to the door.
Brian: Thanks.
Serena: This doesn't mean that we can't hang out.
Brian: Ok. Bye Serena. Bye baby girl.

Brian started walking down the steps.

Serena: It's Miranda.

Brian turned & smiled & continued walking to his car. Serena held her stomach. She could feel her baby moving around.