"Valentine's Day pt. 1"

It was Valentine's Day. Ally was full of anticipation for her date with Brian. She had repeatedly told her roommate about the way Brian had asked her to be his valentine.

Ally: So I was at work & he called me from the library. He said that the book I had borrowed for our project was overdue & that I needed to return it right away. I was just finishing up my shift so I clocked out & booked it past the student union to the library. I was completely out of breath when I opened the doors. The library was pitch black. All of a sudden, a spotlight came on & Brian was standing on top of one of the tables singing. I honestly don't know how he pulled it off, but he did. He sang a song he wrote to the tune of "All of Me" asking me to be his valentine. It was the cutest thing.

Her roommate was sitting on the floor & was holding her books ready to leave the room. She was a bit annoyed & showed it with rolling of her eyes. She was as tired of hearing the same story over & over again. She felt like Ally was just rubbing it in her face.

Roommate: Ally, I know. I was there & you keep repeating the story to me.
Ally: I know. I just can't get over how he did it.
Roommate: Well, have fun tonight. I'll just be here in the room you know holding down the fort. It's single awareness day for me.

Ally could sense a bit of jealousy, but was too in a daze to care at the moment. She couldn't wait till the end of the day for her date with Brian. Brian only had morning classes that day so after lunch he went straight to work at Uncle Dyxon's car shop.

Dylan: So, you nervous for your big date?
Brian: No... Well, a little. I know Ally's been looking forward to it. I just feel like she has this huge expectation & if I don't meet it... I just don't want to blow it.
Dylan: Take a deep breath. You'll be fine. Just enjoy the night.
Brian: How about you? You have any plans?
Bennet: He doesn't. But I do.

Brian & Dylan turned around to see Bennet looking smug.

Dylan: Hey Bennet.
Bennet: Hey cousin Dylan. Hey bro.
Brian: I gotta go grab an extra wrench.

Bennet stood in Brian's way to stop him.

Brian: Out of my way, Bennet.
Bennet: Quick question... You think Serena's gonna like these roses I got her?
Brian: I don't care. Maybe.
Bennet: Hmm, I'm sure these will go well with the lingerie I got her.

Brian shoved Bennet to the ground. Dylan picked him up & kept Brian from hitting him again.

Dylan: Just keep walking, Brian.
Bennet: Yeah, keep walking.

Bennet laughed as Brian walked away.

Dylan: Why did you do that?
Bennet: Why not?

Serena was having trouble finding something to wear for her date with Bennet. Her pregnant body was starting to grow bigger week after week. She felt as if nothing fit her quite like they used to. For the past week, Bennet had really made it up to her. He was doing all the gentleman things like opening her door, picking her up on time for school & carrying her books. Even Grandma was impressed. Serena FaceTimed Summer to ask for her opinion on a few outfits.

Summer: The pink dress was hot!
Serena: Are you sure?
Summer: Yes! Bennet is gonna want to rip it right off of you.
Serena: Ok, we're doing the pink dress. Thanks, sis. Love you!
Summer: Love you, too. Take care & let me know how it goes later. You better call me.
Serena: Ok, ok. I gotta go. Bennet is calling me right now.

Bennet called Serena to apologize & say that he had to tie up some loose ends at work before their date.

Bennet: Baby, no I'm not cancelling the date. I'm just saying it'd be better if you ubered to the restaurant. I'll just meet you there.
Serena: Ok. Please don't be late.
Bennet: I won't. I promise.

Serena got dressed & was looking fabulous. She walked downstairs & Grandma was in awe & admired her outfit. She was concerned that Serena had to Uber & was worried that Bennet wasn't there to pick her up.

Serena: I'll be fine, Grandma. Bennet just had to finish something up at work, but he promised he would meet me at the restaurant & that he wouldn't be late.
Grandma: Ok, but please call me if you need me.
Serena: I'll be fine, Grandma.

Serena ubered to the restaurant, Altura. Since there were couple everywhere, she felt out of place walking in alone. She entered the lobby & kept an eye out for Bennet. She bumped into a man while turning around.

Serena: Oh, I'm sorry. I was just... Brian?
Brian: Serena, hey...
Serena: Hi Ally. Looks like we had the same idea.
Ally: Yeah, looks like. Come on, Brian. Let's go to our table.
Brian: Enjoy your evening.
Serena: Thanks. You too.

Brian smiled & waved at Serena right before being pulled into the dining room by Ally. Serena held on tighter to her clutch as she kept looking for Bennet. She decided to call him. As Brian & Ally were seated, Ally checked out the menu. Brian seemed more interested in why Serena was still in the restaurant's waiting area.

Ally: I think I'll get the seafood risotto. That sounds good. Do you know what you're getting?
Brian: Huh?

Ally turned to look at what Brian was looking at.

Ally: Brian?
Brian: Where is my brother? Why is Serena alone?
Ally: Ok, did you come on a date with me or what?
Brian: I'm just concerned, Ally.
Ally: I get that, but right now it's not your problem.

Serena was seated by the window just as Bennet requested. But she was sitting alone. This was not what she had in mind for Valentines dinner. Her table was in a direct line of sight of Brian & Ally's table. The waiter asked if the rest of her party was still joining her & she nodded & said yes. Serena called Bennet a few times, but there was no answer. She figured that maybe he was driving & just couldn't answer his phone. After about fifteen minutes or so, the waiter returned to take her order.

Serena: I think I'll wait until my boyfriend arrives. I'm sure he's on his way. May I ask for another bread basket while waiting?
Waiter: Yes ma'am.

Brian was still constantly looking over at Serena. Ally was getting annoyed, but kept her mouth shut. Nothing was going to ruin her evening with him.