"Thanks for Loving Her"

Summer: I still can't believe I got the job.
Nat: Girl, you're a rockstar! And well... Thanks to me for helping you pick out your outfit.
Summer: Yes! You get all the credit for that. Thank you. And thank you for coming with me today. Hey weirdest thing... I bumped into Nick in the elevator.
Nat: My brother, Nick?
Summer: Yeah. What was he doing here?
Nat: Who knows?

Summer had a feeling Nat was trying to cover something up by changing the subject quickly. She let it go & didn't think it was important anyways. She wanted to continue her laundry at home, but Nat convinced her to go out & celebrate.

Nat: I'm buying drinks! Bartender!
Summer: It's too early for drinks.
Nat: It's 5:00 somewhere!
Summer: Ok, just one cause I'm driving.

The drinks arrived. Nat & Summer clanked their glasses together & took sips from their drinks. They looked around & the club looked kinda dead.

Nat: You wanna get out of here?
Summer: Yes, please!

They finished their drinks & left. They picked up a bottle of rosè & shared a glass or two back at Summer's house. Summer continued her laundry & Nat poked around the library as usual. Nat came across Summer's check list from her father.

Nat: Hey, what's this?
Summer: Oh, that's just something my dad wrote me.
Nat: It looks like he really wanted you to cross these off.
Summer: Umm... It's fine.

Nat read off the list & encouraged Summer to revisit some of these.

Nat: Tattoos!! Let's go get sister tattoos!
Summer: Sister tattoos?
Nat: Come on, we're more like sisters instead of friends anyways.
Summer: I don't know.
Nat: Ok, how about this one... But we'll change it to sister.
Summer looked at the list & read number 6.

Summer: Stay up all night talking to a...
Nat: Sister.

And indeed they did stay up all night talking. Summer was grateful for that day. She got a job & made a sister. One of her fears with moving to Virginia was not being able to make friends & here she already made a couple of really good ones. Revisiting the list made her sad thinking of her dad & it made her really miss Jay. Valentine's Day was coming up & she was looking forward to spending it with him. She didn't want to be alone for Valentine's Day.

Serena & Brian had a couple of classes together. At the beginning on the semester, they sat next to each other & now that Serena was dating Bennet, she &  Brian began to drift apart. Brian didn't notice much since he started to get to know Ally. She was cute & funny & really sweet. She always brought him a pastry & coffee on the days she worked at the campus cafe. One day after class, Serena left right at dismissal. Brian noticed Serena had left her scarf on her chair. He picked it up & tried to find her. He exited the room to a sea of students. He couldn't find her & decided to drop by her house later that day.

Ally: Hey, I was gonna blow off steam & catch that new Will Ferrell movie. You wanna come?
Brian: Uh, rain check?

Ally slipped her hands into Brian's goodie pockets. She tiptoed you for a kiss. He put his hands on her waist & kissed her nose. She thought the kiss was sweet & endearing, but wondered why he never kissed her lips. He's kissed her cheeks, forehead & nose, but never her lips.

Brian: Hey, I'll see you tomorrow?
Ally: See you tomorrow.

Brian drove to Serena's house & walked up to the door. He knocked & saw Grandma through the glass portion of the door. He waved & she opened the door. She greeted him with a smile & hug.

Grandma: Brian! How are you? I haven't seen you around lately.
Brian: Hey Grandma, I've been busy.
Grandma: I see. Well, would you like to come in. I can make you that cocoa you like so much.
Brian: That sounds great, but I'm just here to drop off Serena's scarf. She uh left it on her chair in class & she might need it tomorrow. I think it might be snowing.

He handed the scarf off to Grandma.

Grandma: Thank you, Brian. You've always been so sweet.
Brian: Is Serena home?
Grandma: No, I'm afraid not.

Brian nodded & started walking down the steps.

Grandma: Hey Brian.

Brian turned around.

Grandma: Thanks for loving her.

Brian smiled a sad smile & put up his hand to say bye. He continued on to his car & drove off.