"Nice to Meet You"

Brian: Why is it so hard for me to get my feelings out?
Dylan: Well, what do you feel for Serena?
Brian: I know that I've never felt this way about anyone ever before. I genuinely care about her. I worry about her when I'm not with her. I think about her constantly.
Dylan: So... the question is: Do you love her?

Bennet walked in the apartment. Brian & Dylan carried on like nothing was being said about Serena.

Dylan: Where'd you come from?

Bennet plopped himself on the couch.

Bennet: From Serena's place. She uh... needed help with something.
Dylan: Something for school?

Bennet laughed.

Bennet: Definitely not for school!

Brian had this disgusted look on his face. He grabbed his bag & headed to the door.

Brian: I'm out.
Bennet: But I just got here.
Brian: Exactly. I'll be at the library if anyone needs me.

Brian stormed off.

Bennet: What was that about?
Dylan: It was about Serena.

As Brian drove & passed by Serena's house he thought about asking Serena if she needed anything from the library.

Brian: I'm not her boyfriend. She has Bennet for that now.

He decided he needed to stop thinking of Serena & start thinking of himself. Brian got to the library & it was pretty empty except for one study group off to the corner. There were a few people at the tables where he usually studied, but there were plenty of empty tables for him to choose from. Brian set his bag on one of the tables & looked through the books he had. He seemed to be missing one for an upcoming assignment so he stood & walked over to the respective aisle to find the book he needed. He scanned through the rows & rows of books. He saw the one he needed & reached for it. Another hand was also reaching for it. The hand was much smaller, polished in pink & belonged to a girl with a big white bow in her hair. Brian & the girl were both holding on to the book.

Ally: Mr. Samuel's Accounting and...
Brian: Finance? Yeah. You too?
Ally: Yup...
Brian: Looks like it's the only copy they have.
Ally: Looks like.

They were both still hanging on to the book, but continued to talk to each other.

Ally: How much do you want for it?
Brian: How about a coffee & croissant? There's a cafe...
Ally: Around the corner?

Brian & Ally both smiled.

Ally: Yeah, I actually work there.
Brian: You do? I'm there all the time.
Ally: I've actually seen you there... a lot.
Brian: You have?
Ally: Yeah, you & your girlfriend like sitting at the table by the big window.
Brian: Oh... she's not my girlfriend.
Ally: Oh.
Brian: Anyways, if you're not busy did you want that coffee & croissant today?
Ally: Sure. And maybe we can go over Samuel's project together?
Brian: That sounds like a plan.
Ally: Wait, we should probably know each other's names first.
Brian: Oh right! I'm Brian.
Ally: Ally...
Brian: Nice to meet you.

The two smiled at each other as Brian packed up his bag & Ally held on to their project book. They walked over to the campus cafe together & totally hit it off.