"I've Never Stopped"

Summer & Jay spent their first day at the Maldives exploring the island on bikes. The resort made bikes available to all the tourists. It was the best way to get around. The Maldives made Summer forget & was the best distraction for her. Jay loved seeing Summer so happy. She spread her arms out & biked with no hands for a few seconds. She loved this carefree feeling. They went scuba diving with another group of tourists led by one of the resort hosts. Jay & Summer stayed together & fed fish underwater & looked at coral. They were enjoying their time until Summer removed her scuba mask & rose to the surface. Jay followed her up.

Summer: I've been stung!
Jay: What?!
Summer: I need to get to to the boat!

Summer quickly swam back to the boat & Jay followed her. The hosts pulled Summer & Jay back on.

Host: Everything ok?
Summer: I got stung by jellyfish...

The host looked at Summer's back & sure enough she was stung.

Jay: Wait! There are jellyfish here?!
Host: There are the small white ones. But their poison is very low. We can apply some stinging serum to your back if you'd like. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Summer: Yes, to the serum. Jay, can you stay with me?
Jay: I'm not going anywhere.

Jay held Summer's hand & took the serum from the host & carefully applied it to Summer's back. He rubbed her back going under her bathing suit top.

Summer: Thanks. It feels so much better.

Summer was given a blanket & decided to stay out of the water for the rest of the morning.

Jay: Sorry you got stung.
Summer: It's ok, I guess. Makes for interesting memories. Hey, thanks for taking care of me.
Jay: Of course.

After the jellyfish incident, Jay & Summer decided to check out the restaurants along the beach. Jay knew that Summer liked seafood & he made lunch reservations for sushi on the beach. There were tables lined along the shoreline. Each table had its own candlelit setting. The atmosphere was so romantic. Jay & Summer were seated & were handed menus. Jay looked at the menu while Summer put on her swimsuit coverup & put her hair up in a messy bun. Jay watched as she did this.

Summer: What?
Jay: Nothing. You just do that so well.
Summer: Do what?
Jay: That thing with your hair.
Summer: Ok...

Jay was looking at Summer the way he always did. Summer looked down at the menu & looked up at Jay.

Summer: You're doing it again.
Jay: Doing what?
Summer: Looking at me that way... It's like you're
Jay: In love.

Summer looked away from him & put her menu up. Jay slowly lowered it with his hand. Summer looked back up at him.

Summer: Are you?
Jay: You wanna know the truth?

Summer nodded, but was afraid to hear his answer.

Jay: I've never stopped loving you, Summer.
Summer: No. You don't love me, Jay.
Jay: Oh, but I do.
Summer: I think you love a different version of me. You loved who I was 6 years ago.
Jay: I loved you then. I love you now. Summer, I'll love you tomorrow & the day after that & every day after.

Summer started to cry. Jay reached across the table to hold her hand, but she got up & walked away from the table. She didn't know what to say to that. She was afraid he'd confess his love for her. She wasn't ready for it. Jay let her walk away. He should've given her more time, but he just had to let her know how he felt. Summer returned to the villa to think & make up her mind with some things she's been mentally battling with. Jay left the restaurant & hit up the bar.