"Strangers"

The next morning, Summer decided to play hostess. She got ready before everyone woke up & went straight to work in the kitchen. She poked her head in the walk in pantry & each cabinet to gather ingredients & supplies to make breakfast. She's made breakfast before so she thought,"How hard can this be?" Although the kitchen wasn't her place of forte she decided she was confident enough to try to cook everything from scratch. Jay was ending his work out routine in the basement & removed his earbuds away from his ears. He heard the clanking of pots & pans coming from the kitchen & so he decided to see what the fuss was about. Summer saw him coming up the stairs & she was covered in flour. Jay broke out in laughter & offered to help her. She was a bit embarrassed.

Summer: I got this.
Jay: I think it's got you... What are you doing?
Summer: I wanted to cook breakfast for everyone.
Jay: You're so sweet. Literally... Is this cream?
Summer: Heavy whipping cream. It's for the crepes.

Jay took his finger & dabbed it onto the cream on her face & licked it.

Jay: You taste good...
Summer: Jay!

Jay grabbed her waist & kissed her cheek & got some cream on his face. Summer giggled & tried to get it off of his face with the hem of the apron she was wearing. The smell of the food cooking permeated upstairs & woke the two boys up. Brian & Dylan walked down the steps only to see the two flirting with each other. Brian cleared his throat to grab Jay & Summer's attention.

Brian: Goodmorning!
Dylan: Sorry if we're interrupting...

Summer stepped away from Jay.

Summer: Morning!
Jay: Goodmorning, guys.
Brian: Do I smell bacon?
Summer: Yes, you do. Why don't you guys have a seat? Breakfast is just about ready.

Summer pats Jay on the back. Jay helps set the table.

Summer: Why don't you all have a seat?

Everyone sits & Summer brings the rest of the breakfast to the table.

Dylan: Impressive... Grandma would be so proud.
Brian: I'm so proud. This bacon looks delicious!

Everyone eats breakfast & Summer is delighted that she accomplished the great task of cooking. After breakfast, Jay excused himself to go wash up for the day.

Jay: You ok here, Summer?
Summer: Yeah, I have help. Thanks.

Dylan & Brian stayed behind to help clean.

Brian: Hey thanks for breakfast, Summer.
Dylan: Summer.

Summer was wiping up the mess she made on the kitchen floor. Dylan helped her off of the floor.

Dylan: I know we're trying this friend thing out.
Summer: I think it's going great. Don't you?
Dylan: The thing is... I still love you, Summer.
Summer: Well, don't.

Dylan furrowed his brow & Summer kept cleaning.

Dylan: I don't want to upset you, but I need to be honest here. This isn't easy for me.
Summer: You think this is easy for me?
Dylan: Are you over me?
Summer: Dylan...
Dylan: Are you?
Summer: Yes.
Dylan: When?
Summer: The moment I found out about you & Michie. Are you happy now?
Dylan: I don't want to argue.
Summer: Then let's just stop right here. We got through one day. I'll be in Washington next week & maybe it'll be a good thing if we don't come into contact with each other.
Dylan: If that's what you want.
Summer: I think it's what you & I both need right now. There's just too much we've been through & we can't just become friends over night.
Dylan: I agree.

Before Dylan & Brian left Virginia, Summer & Dylan both mutually agreed to become strangers since they couldn't even be friends. They were both still hurt, but Dylan acknowledged that this is what they both needed. Dylan was quiet on the way home & was grateful his cousin came all this way with him. Jay kept his distance thinking Summer needed space. He didn't want to complicate things even more for her. As he was leaving for work, Summer wanted to come tag along.

Summer: I want to see what you do.
Jay: Really? I think you'd much rather like it here.
Summer: Please? I can't be by myself right now.
Jay: Ok, lets go.