"New Year's Kiss"

Summer went down soon after to catch the countdown & greet her Grandma a happy birthday. All the guest had their drinks in hand & noisemakers in the other. It seemed everyone had found their New Year's partner to share a kiss with. The crowd started to countdown from 10 all the way down to 1. "Happy New Year!", everyone shouted. She rushed to her Grandma & kissed her on the cheek just as the countdown ended. Brian & Serena were at the dining table sitting next to each other. Brian leaned in & Serena had locked eyes with him. She leaned in for a kiss, tilted her head & closed her eyes. They both shared in a New Year's kiss. They smiled at each other afterwards. Serena put her hand up to Brian's cheek.

Serena: You're blushing...Happy New Year, Brian.
Brian: Happy New Year, Serena!

Grandma kissed Summer's foreheadp.

Summer: Happy New Year & Happy birthday, Grandma!
Grandma: Summer, you've got to go!
Summer: What?
Grandma: You know where you need to be.

Summer smiled & ran upstairs to pack up her bag.

Meanwhile, in Virginia at the military NYE ball Jay was at a table with a Devon & Krystal.

Devon: Hey man, you might wanna slow the drinks down.
Jay: Huh?
Krystal: Babe, maybe you should drive him home.
Devon: Yeah man, let's get you home.
Krystal: I'll take your car & can take his.
Jay: I don't wanna go.
Devon: Well, where do you want to go?
Jay: I wanna go to Washington...
Krystal: Washington?
Jay: Summer's in Washington.
Devon: Ok, buddy. Let's go.

The whole ride to Jay's house, Jay kept talking about Summer & how much he loved her. He was slurring his words, but Devon understood all he was saying.

Devon: Alright man, we're here. I'm gonna help you to your bed.
Jay: Is Summer in bed waiting for me?
Devon: We'll have to wait & see.
Jay: If she's not I'm gonna be so sad.
Devon: Ok, ok.

Devon had Krystal unlock the door & Devon slung one of Jay's arms around the back of his neck so that he could walk him in & upstairs.

Devon: Ok, buddy. One foot at a time.
Jay: I forgot how to walk.

Jay sat on the steps with his head down.

Devon: Krystal, I'm gonna need back up.
Krystal: I'm coming.

Krystal helped Devon bring Jay upstairs & they eventually got him in his bed. Devon removed Jay's jacket. Krystal removed Jay's shoes.

Devon: Sleep tight, buddy. I'll be back in the morning to check up on you. I'm grabbing the spare key so we can lock up ok.

Jay was sound asleep snoring.

Krystal: Poor guy... You think Summer is ever coming back?
Devon: I don't know, babe. I hope she does.

Guests were clearing out of the Harper house as Grandma saw them off at the door. The first to leave was Dyxon & Dylan.

Dyxon: Happy birthday & Happy New Year, Grandma!
Dylan: Thanks for having us over.
Grandma: Dylan.
Dylan: Yeah?
Grandma: You'll find love again. It's a New Year & it's a new beginning.

Dylan didn't say anything, but smiled. Dyxon patted Dylan on the back.

Dyxon: Thank you...

Summer came down with her bags & scanned the living room for Brian & Serena.
Summer: Hey, can you guys give me a ride?
Brian: Sure.

Brian looked at the suitcases.

Brian: As long as I don't have to come with.

Summer laughed.

Summer: No, don't worry. Just a ride to the airport please.

Grandma said a final goodbye to Summer & hugged her tightly.

Grandma: I love you, Summer.
Summer: I love you, Grandma. Come visit when you can.

Summer, Serena & Brian piled into the car & headed to the airport.

Summer: Thanks so much for doing this guys.
Serena: What are sisters for? We're gonna miss you...
Summer: I know. I'll miss you too. Take care of Grandma.
Brian: So I know things didn't work out for you & my cousin. And I just want to say that I'm happy for you & Jay.
Summer: Thanks Brian. I'm looking forward to hearing good news from you soon.
Brian: Huh?
Summer: Give it a minute. You'll get it don't worry.
Serena: We're here...

Summer thanked Brian & Serena came out of the car to give Summer a proper hug.

Summer: I'm so proud of you, Serena. You're gonna rock this college thing & this mama thing. I just know it. I'll try to be back for baby's birthday.
Serena: You better. You're coming in with me & cutting the cord.
Summer hugged Serena.

Summer: Hey Brian, take care of these two for me.
Brian: I promise.

Summer walked into the airport & Serena & Brian gave their final wave goodbye. Summer got on her plane excited to see Jay. She was full of anticipation & couldn't wait to tell him how she felt. She was ready to love again & to be loved again.