"Friends"

If things weren't awkward enough, dinner time was a sight to behold. Jay & Dylan awkwardly both wanted to sit by Summer. Brian nudged Dylan out of the way so that he could sit next to Summer. Jay sat across from Summer & Dylan was stuck into he seat across from his cousin, the seat furthest away from Summer. Brian's new mission was to help Dylan get over Summer. "This is gonna be interesting", Brian thought. Summer smiled at Dylan & saw him in a new light. Now she'll get to know him as a friend. "He's such a great guy it'd be a shame not to have him as a friend", she thought. Jay turned to look at Dylan & then looked at Summer. He knew Dylan wasn't over Summer. Everyone knew except her. "I bet this is just a ploy to try to win her back", Jay thought.

After dinner, Jay gave Brian & Dylan a tour of the house. Dylan was jealous of Jay's success & was annoyed that Brian was admiring him. Dylan tolled his eyes as they entered each room & Jay had something to mention or brag about.

Jay: I'll show you to your rooms.

Jay walked ahead of the group & Brian & Dylan lagged behind.

Brian: What's your problem?
Dylan: I don't like this guy.
Brian: Well, too bad. I like him & his house.

Jay opened the door to the room that Brian was staying in. It was the room closest to Summer. It overlooked the front of the house & had a view of the neighborhood.

Brian: Wow, great view. Jay, thanks for letting us stay the night.
Jay: My pleasure.

As Jay turned around, Dylan mocked him. Brian gave Dylan a look.

Brian: Ok, so you're 5 now?
Jay: Dylan.
Dylan: Yo!
Jay: Your room is next.
Dylan: Great!

Dylan pulled Brian so that he wouldn't be alone with Jay. Brian hesitantly followed.

Jay: This is your room.

Jay opened the door & Dylan & Brian went in.

Dylan: This is great. Thanks, Jay.
Jay: If you guys need anything just holler, I'm at the end of the hall. Have a good night. Oh & the bathroom is at the top of the stairs before the library.
Brian: Thanks, man.

Jay left the two boys & went to say goodnight to Summer. He walked to the end of the hall & knocked on her door. Summer opened the door for Jay.

Summer: Hey.
Jay: May I come in?
Summer: Yeah.

Summer sat on the chaise by the fireplace & Jay closed the door behind him.

Summer: Thanks for letting Brian & Dylan stay. And for being cool about everything.

Jay sat next to Summer. She was wearing a silk robe & her hair was up in a bun. Jay knew it'd be too soon to make his move on Summer. It didn't help that she looked extra hot in that silk robe. She placed her hand on his knee. He looked at her & she looked at him. Summer guided his face towards hers with her hand. There was a knock on the door. Summer sighed & leaned her head on Jay's chest.

Summer: Yes?
Dylan: Oh, just wondering where to find extra towels.
Summer: In the linen closet in the bathroom.
Dylan: Got it, thanks.

Jay & Summer smiled at each other & knew it just wasn't time. Jay kissed Summer's forehead & they wished each other a good night.