Chapter 3

I walked throughout my apartment as I was trying to think of ideas to make the company better. Lambert was already making the company better by making the metal more eco-friendly and more durable. However, he was making the metal more biodegradable once it is damaged to the point of beyond repair. What if the company was able to make an eco-friendly metal, make it still durable, but it was able to degrade and gave nutrients to the soil. That was an idea. Another idea I had gotten was to make bigger sheets of metal for more convenience to our buyers. Since they did already order a lot, might as well make them bigger and in less bulks. It may use up the same amount of metal, but at least they would be getting more instead of less. Then another thought came to my mind. What if we made a deal with the two other companies? I put that idea last and got ready for bed.

In the morning, I walked towards the building and headed inside. Flayn was there at the desk as usual. She looked pretty tired to just be sitting there all day and all morning.

"Morning, Flayn," I said and walked towards the elevator.

She looked over at me and saw the piles of papers I was holding.

"Burning the midnight oil this past day, eh?" 

"Yeah. Working with Dimitri is going to be a lot."

"Good luck!" she said.

"Thanks," I said and the doors opened.

I clicked on a button and the doors closed. They reopened up and I walked out. I turned down a hallway and looked for Dimitri's office. I walked towards the door and knocked.

"Come in," Dimitri said. 

I walked in, "Good morning, Dimitri."

"Good morning, Y/N."

"I know you said to have a few ideas in a couple of days, well I was up all night and came up with some ideas."

"Y/N, that is the very reason as to why I gave you a couple of days. To gather as many thoughts as you can while maintaining a normal sleep schedule."

"Well, you know me, sir. I am a hard worker."

"But there are times where your work will get in the way of what is really important. And by the looks of it, you could go for another cup of coffee."

"Nah, I'll be fine."

"Alright. Show me what you got."

I sat down across from him and set my folder on his desk. I opened it up and it was the idea of making a deal with the company. I slid that underneath the folder and picked up my other one.

"Alright, I was taking a look at the materials that are used to make the metal more eco-friendly and durable. The material itself isn't environmentally friendly. The way of getting it is. So I was thinking that we could still make the made eco-friendly and durable. But what if we made it biodegrade as well. It will be the first biodegradable metal Faerghus has ever seen. And it will make ours look better than Black Eagles and Golden Deer."

"Very interesting," he said and I handed him the paper of how it would be made. He seemed to like the idea. "Continue."

"Another idea was that we make bigger sheets of metal and not as many bulks. Look," I said and showed him an image of one of the most recent orders. "We currently are sending out thirty in a bulk. What if we make the size bigger and the bulk less. Which means they still get the same amount of metal, but not in a bigger bulk than they used to get it."

Dimitri nodded slightly, "Will that ensure people will still buy our metal?"

"It would. If they have bigger sheets, that means they can get more use out of one sheet rather than a couple."

"I see. Any others?"

I continued to tell him some ideas I had gotten throughout the night. He seemed to like most of them, but I knew he wasn't going to like the last one I had came up with. I slipped the idea out from underneath the folder. I read it over quickly and took in a deep breath.

"I know we're competitors to Black Eagles and Golden Deer, but what if we came up with a deal for them."

"A deal? What kind of deal?"

"A deal saying that we can work together on making the best metal. And they can be our other branches. They can keep their names, but we give them our metal and they can distribute it within the guidelines we give them. We won't have complete control over them. They can run how they like."

Dimitri had a serious look on his face, "My father tried to attempt to get them to cooperate, but they will never cooperate with us. They see us as their competitors. And they will do what they can to dethrone us and become the best. However, I will give it a thought since the heads of both of the companies are going through the same transitional phase as we are. Maybe they're more open minded than their predecessors. I say, job well done, Y/N. We will continue to plan through some of the ideas you had come up with. I believe we will start on the biodegradable material. I will run that by the workers and see what they can do."

"Thank you."

He smiled, "I knew you would be the best person to help me."

"Thank you for the opportunity," I said. I gathered my things and stood up from the chair. "Thank you for your time, Dimitri."

"You're welcome. My door is always open if you need me."

I walked out of his office and headed down towards my cubicle. 

"Do you think we're able to do that?"

"You might be able to since you know who they are. You were friends with them when they visited here to look at the land. I think they're more than willing to maybe start something."