Chapter 22

"No way!" Ingrid said.

I smiled at her, "You heard me right. I won't be staying here any longer. Ashe will be taking over my job and I will be up at the top floor with Dimitri."

"Don't have too much fun up there if you know what I'm saying," Ingrid chuckled.

"We're not even at that point in our relationship yet."

"I can't believe you went from not liking him to dating him. What happened?"

"We just grew closer to one another I guess."

"That doesn't mean we're not going to fight you for him."

"He's already taken," I said. "Besides, I'm sure he will fight all of you off."

"Yeah he got so buff when he was in the military. Was it all that training and working out?"

"I guess so."

"He used to be so skinny and stalky. Now look at him. He's an absolute hunk," Ingrid smirked.

"Alright, enough about him," I said.

"Did he ask you anything else?"

"He asked me to move in with him."

"In the apartment? You two live on the same floor."

"I know, but he thinks we've gotten comfortable with one another."

"Did you guys sleep together while you were at the military base?"

"Since we were at the military base, I can tell you nothing. That is top secret information."

"That means you did!"

"We just cuddled. There was nothing wrong with that since I was having a rough time sleeping."

"Aww," Ingrid said.

"Shut it," I said and lightly hit her in the face with a folder.

"Come on, Y/N! You're probably the best fit for Dimitri. Better than any of us," she said.

"I think we all had an equal shot," I said.

"I suppose we all did. Well, I'll let you get back to your packing. I hope everything goes alright up there."

"I'll make sure to tell you all the details."

I grabbed one of the boxes and headed towards the elevator. I pressed the button and the doors opened up. I hit the top floor and I headed towards the top. The doors opened once more and I walked towards Dimitri's office. I struggled with opening the door since I had a box in my hands. I opened the door and Dimitri picked his head up.

"Y/N, I said you can move up here tomorrow."

"I know, but I might as well get situated today."

He smiled, "Is there anything I can help you with?"

"There are some more boxes in my cubicle that I could use your help with."

"Alright," he said and got up. We walked over to the elevator and headed down towards my cubicle. Dimitri helped me move the boxes and anything else to his office. Well, it was going to be our office starting tomorrow. He helped me get everything organized.

"I assume you're going to need help with moving in," he smiled.

"You bet," I said. "I know the perfect guy to help me."

He smiled at me and kissed my cheek. "I'll be more than happy to help."

"It's a good thing you're down the hall and not a floor above or below me."

He chuckled, "Won't be too much of a transfer."

After work ended, I headed towards my apartment to get my things together. Dimitri had to stay late today and talk to Dedue about what he had missed since we have been absent for nearly five months. I walked into my apartment and headed to my room. I gathered all of my belongings and placed them by the door. I headed down the stairs and went to the lobby.

"Evening, Rhea," I said.

"Evening, Y/N. How can I help you?"

"I will be moving in with Dimitri as of today."

"You are?"

"Yes. So is there any way I can exchange my keys?"

"Sure," she said and I handed her my keys. She handed a spare key to Dimitri's apartment to me. "There you are."

"Thank you," I said.

"Speaking of Dimitri," Rhea said.

Dimitri walked into the lobby and smiled at me.

"My has the war changed you, Dimitri," Rhea said.

"I believe it has changed us," Dimitri said. "We are now much calmer and more accepting of one another. Even Edelgard has given me a message about another deal."

"Has she really?" I asked.

"Yes. I would like to discuss that with you once I help finish moving you in."

"Alright," I said and we headed up to my apartment. I kept the door unlocked and Dimitri helped me move my belongings. 

"Would you like the guest room for now?" Dimitri asked.

"For now. I think I just need to get comfortable in here."

"Understandable," he said and moved the boxes into the guest room.

Once I got everything situated, Dimitri and I sat at the table and began to discuss what Edelgard had sent him.

"I was surprised she had sent us something so soon," Dimitri said. "Not even three days after we imprisoned Ionius and she has already sent us a message."

"I guess the capturing of her father did a number on her."

"It might have. Anyway, this is what she has sent to me."

He flipped his computer around for me to take a look.

"Dimitri,

Congratulations on ending the war and capturing Ionius. He has been the ball at the end of my chain which was attached to my leg. Now that the ball and chain are released from my leg, I have seen things differently. I don't know if it was the war and the production of metal and steel or if it was seeing your determination as you walked past my building's doors. Whatever it may be, I wish to discuss about that deal you had mentioned almost five months ago. This time, I will not be so touchy since I know how strong you can be. I feel that if I were to lay a finger on you, my finger could be broken. This time, I will have a civilized talk with you and Y/N. I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely, 

Edelgard."

"I am surprised she wasn't as hostile as before."

"We could be walking into a trap, but it seems she is sounding sincere and with truth. However, we must not walk in there with our guard down."

~Hey guys! So sorry for the late update. I had forgotten it was the day I updated and by the time I realized it I was in the middle of a class and I didn't want to not pay attention to my professor and get this out. And not to mention I had a pretty busy morning with learning how to work a washing machine. And then I was busy this afternoon and came back to my room to get some work done. I am so sorry for the late update! But I hope you enjoyed it!