Chapter 31

Dimitri walked towards the front of the audience, still dragging his bleeding father. He made his way up to a stage and dropped him. Dimitri turned towards his father and sneered at him.

"Do you want me to do the talking? Or do you want to confess?"

"I will never confess anything!" Lambert yelled.

Dimitri reached out towards his father, "I know you know how strong I am. So, I suggest you confess before I wring your neck."

Lambert looked around the room and saw how many military personnel was there. There were even military members from Leicester's military. Lambert looked back at his son who was getting ready to put him in a choke hold.

"Alright! Alright! I admit my crimes!"

"Tonight we have an incoming report. Over the past few months the leader of Faerghus, Lambert, had been committing crimes underneath the table. Such as taking a billion dollars that was given to us by Leicester to use for war damages and using it as his own personal spending money. Not only did he kill a civilian, but put his father in critical condition in the hospital. There are documents about a deal between Leicester and Adrestian. They both say something about coming together as one, but there is a little note written by Lambert on his own copy. It states 'Kill if they do not cooperate'. Faerghus cannot let a power hungry murderer run as leader. 

"Once again, Byleth, Dimitri, Y/N, and military personnel from both Faerghus and Leicester to lend a hand in taking down Lambert. Lambert was hosting a small party with his followers. The morning following the party he was going to set out to Leicester and Adrestian to see if they would cooperate with his plan. If they were unsuccessful, we might be living a different morning than today's. Here we have Lambert's full confession."

"I confess to all of the crimes I have been hiding from the public. I deserve a cruel punishment due to what I have done and what I have committed."

"We also have news about Dimitri taking up the mantle of leader of Faerghus. He will be handing over the responsibilities of the Blue Lion's Co. to one of his trusted workers. Dedue will now be running as head of the company. Once we get a date on when Dimitri will officially be leader of Faerghus, we will notify everyone."

Dimitri turned off the TV. It was the same news coverage for the past two days. After what I had heard from his father, I felt that I wasn't good enough for Dimitri. I caught on within the first day of me trying to get away from him, but I knew I wouldn't be able to last that long. I loved him too much to leave him.

"Y/N, is everything ok?" he asked at dinner.

I was just staring at the fish he had grilled. I had not even touched my fork. It was still laying on the napkin he had set it on.

"I-I'm not good enough for you, Dimitri."

"Y/N," he said.

"After what I heard from your father, I am not good enough for your royal bloodline. And no one even knows me other than just your assistant. No one even calls my me by my name anymore. I-I just think you need to find someone else."

He reached over and grabbed my hand. He held it tightly in his. He looked at me right in the eyes. Even if I couldn't see both of his blue eyes, I knew he was broken because of what I said.

"Y/N, you are more than enough for me. Who cares if you're a descendant from royalty or not. I don't care if you are or not. You are more than enough for me. I love you, Y/N. Please, don't leave me."

I smiled at him and he rubbed his thumb against my hand. "I love you too, Dimitri."

"We are here on this sunny morning in downtown Faerghus. Due to recent events, Lambert will not be partaking in this event. However, he can watch from the jail he is in. I am sorry to say that Klaus is no longer with us anymore. His legacy will go down in history here in Faerghus. But now, his legacy will be passed on to his grandson, Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd," Byleth said.

Dimitri walked out onto the balcony in a black suit with a blue tie. He had the cape on he wore when his father was appointed leader. He had his hair pulled back into a bun, showing more of his eye patch. He wore white gloves and they were together as he walked over to Byleth. He knelt down in front of Byleth and Byleth turned to grab the crown that Klaus had once worn. The one Lambert had was a completely different one. Byleth held it over his head.

"By the power vested in me, I pronounce you, Dimitri Blaiddyd, leader of Faerghus."

He placed the crown on Dimitri's head. Dimitri stood up and looked at Byleth. Byleth had a smile on his face and they both turned towards the crowd.

"Good people of Faerghus, I present to you, Leader Dimitri!"

Everyone clapped and Dimitri waited for them to quiet down. 

"Thank you for the warm welcome. I will do my best to walk Faerghus down the path Klaus had set for Faerghus. I will be nothing like my father. I promise you that. But, before we end this ceremony, I need to say something."

Dimitri turned to where I was standing and motioned for me to come over. I walked over to him and he grabbed my hand.

"I know this is probably going to embarrass you since it is very public, but I felt that there was no better time than today. Y/N, from the moment we met on that elevator, I knew something was special about you. There was a fire in your eyes that would only appear when it came to work and the people you care about. I wanted to constantly see that fire so I appointed you to help me run the company. After all we have been through, fighting, a war, more fighting, and now this, we have connected in so many ways that I never thought we would. I love it and I want to keep being together with you. Y/N L/N," he pulled something out of his pocket. He knelt onto the ground and opened a small box. There was a glimmering diamond ring inside the small box. "Will you do the greatest honor and marry me?"