Chapter 28

"Ugh, you had too much to drink, Dimitri," I said as we were in the elevator heading back to the apartment. He reeked of alcohol and there was a blush to his cheeks. He slurred his words every now and then, not to mention the occasional hiccup. I had his arm wrapped around my shoulders and I had my arm wrapped around his waist. I held onto his arm that was around my shoulders.

"I think I had enough," he hiccuped.

I chuckled to myself. Now I know what kind of drunk he is. And to not let him drink too much. The doors opened and I slowly walked him out of the elevator. I walked towards the door and reached into Dimitri's shirt pocket. I pulled out his keys and unlocked the door. We walked in and I closed the door behind us. I walked him over to his room and I set him on the bed.

"I'll be right back, Dimitri," I said.

"Where are you going?" he asked, sounding like a kid. I found it pretty cute.

"I'm going to change real quick."

I turned and headed into the guest room. I quickly changed and walked over to Dimitri's room. He was still laying down. I sat him up, took off the cape he was wearing, and hung it up in the closet. I took off his blazer and put it back in the closet.

"Are you sober enough to change into your pajamas?" I asked.

"I should be fine," he said.

"Alright," I said and walked out of his room. I waited for a few minutes before walking back in. Dimitri had put his pants back on, but not his shirt.

"It's kind of hot in here, don't you think?" he slurred.

"I guess so," I said.

I looked at all of the scars he had on his body. Especially the one Edelgard had given him that was on the right side of his chest. There was a long scar going down while a short one went across. There was the stab wound on his shoulder and the small puncture in his side. There were various other scars, but those three were burned into my memory, especially since I was there to witness it happen. I couldn't even tell if he had scars on his back, but I would assume he had quite a few there as well. I sighed and sat on the edge of the bed.

"What's wrong, Y/N?" he asked and laid beside me.

"It's just, your scars."

"What about them?" he asked.

"I could have done something to prevent them."

I peered over his back to see there were a few on his back as well. The scars on his hands from Edelgard's sword were there, but they were faint. There were also a whole slew of them along his arms.

"Y/N," he said and put his hand over mine. "You did everything you could have."

"I know, but I was just standing there, not being able to do anything."

"I'm glad it was me who took the full force of Edelgard's anger and revenge. Because if it was you, I wouldn't be able to live with it. Feeling the guilt of my beloved one suffer at the hands of Edelgard herself. It was better for me to take the blow."

"But what if you're not there to take the blows? What if I am alone and something happened to me?"

"Then by the goddess, I will find you and save you from the situation you're in. I will do my best to be there for you."

I smiled down at him. He slowly sat up and wrapped his arm around me. Before I could react, Dimitri flung me to the bed.

"Dimitri!"

He had his arms wrapped around me. He held me close to his body. I could feel the heat radiating from him. He took in a deep breath and let out a sigh.

"You smell like flowers," he mumbled.

I smiled and turned so I could wrap my arms around him. I ran my hands up and down his back, feeling every muscle and all of his warmth. He buried his face in the crook of my neck, giving me light little kisses here and there. They tickled, like as if my hair was brushing up against the skin of my neck.

"Get some rest, Dimitri," I said.

He planted one more kiss before stopping.

"Alright. I love you, my beloved."

"I love you, too, Dimitri."

"Goodnight."

I kissed the top of his head before closing my eyes, "Goodnight."

I woke up in the morning to see Dimitri was sitting on the edge of the bed. He looked like he was holding his head. I slowly made my way over to him and sat beside him.

"Is everything alright, Dimitri?"

"I have such a headache," he breathed out heavily.

"Hangover," I said.

"How much did I drink last night?"

"Too much," I said and got up. I walked over to the bathroom to see if he had any medication. I found something that would at least help for now. I put two tablets into the palm of my hands and got a small glass of water. I walked back over to him and handed him the water and tablets.

"Thank you," he said.

"I'll call in today and say you're sick."

"I think I can go in," he said and tried to stand up, but he fell back onto the bed.

"You're still getting over your hangover. It's best that you stay here, drink water, and rest."

"What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to head in. Call me if you need anything," I said.

"Alright," he said and took the medicine.

I changed quickly and headed back over to say goodbye to Dimitri. He was laying in bed and the glass of water was empty. I grabbed it, refilled it, and placed it by his bedside. I sat on the edge of the bed and kissed his forehead.

"I'll see you later," I said.

"Have fun," he chuckled.

I smiled and got up. I walked out of the apartment room and towards the building.