Chapter 37

"Y/N? Y/N? Y/N, wake up."

I opened my eyes to see Dimitri was sitting right next to me. He reached his hand up and placed it against my forehead.

"You're a bit warmer than usual."

I was breathing heavily and was sweating just a bit. I slowly sat up and sat beside him.

"Is everything ok?" I asked.

"I walked in to go to the bathroom to see you were thrashing around. Seems like you were having a nightmare."

I remembered everything so vividly now. How my calf kind of felt a pang of pain. 

"It was just a dream," I said.

"Are you sure it was just a dream?"

"I'm sure."

"Because the only time you thrashed around like this was when we were back in the military. The night I slept with you to comfort you, I witnessed all of your thrashing. And you usually never thrash around like that. Something is wrong."

"It was just another bad dream."

Dimitri looked worried at me, but accepted my answer.

"Alright. Do you need anything while I'm here?"

"No. I'm good."

He kissed my forehead before getting up and leaving. I laid back down and closed my eyes.

"Is that how it goes?" I asked.

Sothis looked down at me, "That is the future in where Dimitri kills you two. The pieces before then is when he kills the people in the capital building before he gets to you two. You must stop him if your son and you are to live. As well as I."

"Do you know if there is anything I can do that can fully prevent that future from happening?"

"Therapy."

"Therapy?"

"I'm kidding," Sothis said. "But consider it for Dimitri. I believe he does need therapy, but the only thing you can do and to help keep his mind stable. Therapy might be the best way to go actually."

"You're serious, Sothis?"

"I am being a hundred percent serious. Do you have another way of doing it?" she asked.

"I don't believe I can think of one right now."

"Then you might as well have to go with my answer. Might as well do it now so those visions don't get stronger. Did you feel any pain?"

"A little pain in my calf."

"If that pain gets stronger, that means you're nearing the future."

I nodded my head, "Alright."

"You seem lost, Y/N."

I shook my head,"I just don't really know what to do."

"I know you love him, Y/N, but you need to understand what is going to happen. You don't need to kill him, but you do need to help him."

I nodded my head, "I will do my best."

"I assure you will," Sothis said.

I slowly opened my eyes and I got out of the bed. I walked over to the kitchen and saw Dimitri was making something.

"How was your sleep?"

"It was better," I said and walked over to him. I hugged him and looked at what he was making.

"What are you making? Smells good."

"Just some soup," he said. 

"Nothing better than homemade soup," I said and began to help him.

We finished up making the soup and sat down. I sat there in silence, just kind of staring at it.

"Y/N, is everything ok?"

Should I tell him or should I not? I just had this vision today and I didn't know if it was going to reoccur like the first one. But if it was anything like the last one, it was going to reoccur and it was going to happen. I did not want this to happen. I guess the only way to warn him and get something started was to tell him.

"Do you remember when I had the vision of us in the war?"

"Yes," he said. 

"I know why I had those visions."

"You do?"

I nodded, "This may sound crazy, but I believe there is a goddess living inside my head or something of the sorts. She gave me a warning about a future that I need to change sooner rather than later. This may sound crazy, but she gave me a warning about you killing me and our child due to losing yourself to the voices inside your head."

Dimitri looked a bit shocked by what I had told him. He looked scared more than anything though. He looked down at his reflection and tightly closed his eye shut. He opened it back up and looked up at me. 

"It is true that I have been slowly losing myself to the voices in my head, but the reason why I haven't snapped yet was because you're here to silence them. If you weren't here, I would be long gone and Faerghus would witness another Lambert. Maybe even worse than Lambert. I know I can help just as long as you're there to help me. Did she say anything else?"

"She said therapy might help."

Dimitri chuckled, "Do you think it would help?"

"I think it would. It doesn't hurt to try."

He nodded his head, "Alright. Looks like I know what I am doing soon."

"Are you really going to consider taking therapy classes?"

"If it will prevent that future, I will do anything to make sure you are safe. And our possible future child."

"About that."

"What?"

"I believe I am pregnant."

"We need to confirm it."

I sat there waiting in the bathroom as the test sat in the little cup. Dimitri was outside waiting. I could hear him pacing back and forth. The both of us were nervous about the results. I knew he wanted to have a child. I didn't think I would have children in the future, but at least it was with Dimitri. I think if it was with anyone else I would probably not have done it. 

"Anything?" Dimitri asked.

"Not yet," I said.

Since we couldn't trust one singular test, we had a few of them going at the same time. All of them finished at the same time and I looked at the results. I opened the door and Dimitri walked towards me.