45/ Sisters Find Their Lost Brother

Charles stopped at the side of the booth facing the two teenagers. They looked over at him confused.

"Hi?" Jason spoke up for the best of them.

"You're Polly Cooper," Charles looked over at his sister. "At this point I'm just cutting straight to it so no peeps out of either of you until I finish talking." He reached into his pocket for his badge and flashed it to them. "First of all, this information remains strictly between us." He began to whisper. "I came to this town following the Evernevers, who you both may be aware of. When I spoke to your sheriff, I became aware of your running away. I spoke with your mother and that's how I recruited her into working undercover as my FBI informant."

"Why?" Polly cut him off.

"Shh," He silenced her. "The Farm is a cult that has been under our noses for quite some time. Your mother has been gathering intel for us but I have lost contact with her. Have either of you spoken to her?"

"She's been in her sessions with Edgar," Polly shook her head. "She's built a connection with him. It's a healing process."

"The Farm isn't a cult," Jason couldn't believe Charles. "The Evernevers are helping us."

"Jason, they are more than they appear."

"You know my-"

"They are brainwashing you into giving up your organs. You cannot go back now. Either of you."

"But my mom," Polly was beyond confused.

"I know it sounds crazy, but you need to listen to me. Especially if you want to keep those babies safe."

"How do you know so much about us?" Jason couldn't comprehend what was going on.

"Were you not just listening? Look just do not go back. I will need your help though. Will you tell me about anything you know about the Farm? I need to find Alice and close this case." Charles took out a pen and grabbed a napkin. He scribbled down a number. "Please call me to meet in private."

"Wait, so what about my mom?"

"Ready?" Jughead walked over to them with bags full of burgers.

"Our mom," Charles zipped his lips to hint silence. Polly's eyes bulged out. He was the son her mother had to give up because of her father. He hoped that by revealing who he was it would boost her willingness to help. He turned to Jughead. "Yeah, let's get you home."

Jughead lead the way back to the car. Charles took one last look at Polly before exiting. Polly shifted her eyes back onto the phone number left behind.

"So how did it go?"

"I'll wait for a call but I think I got through her. She knows to not go back. I just hope she meets me soon. I have no time to waste."

Jellybean opened the back door for Jughead. "My burger?" Jughead chuckled and handed it to her.

"Burgers, check. Now to Sunnyside." He could already hear a burger wrapper coming undone. "You couldn't wait?"

"Nope," Jughead bit into one of the burgers.

The trailer park was close by so they arrived very quickly. Charles stopped right in front of FP's trailer. The lights were on inside. A silhouette was on the curtains. They knew it belonged to Gladys.

"Thanks, Charles." Jughead stepped out, Jellybean right behind him.

FP opened his door but didn't step out. "I'll meet you kids inside. Can you give us a minute?"

"Yeah," Jughead nodded. "Come on, JB."

FP watched them go up the steps. One silhouette turned into three.