29/ Jellybean's Accident

Jughead went home to check on his father the following morning. He was accompanied by Archie and Fred. They both knew about the surprise he had for his father. They had to help him distract FP and keep him out of the trailer for the next couple of hours. Jughead knew his mother was coming with his sister today.

"Thanks for keeping the secret for me. I know he's going to be so happy to see Jellybean." Jughead thanked the Andrews men as they approached the trailer.

Fred put a hand on his shoulder. "Of course, Jug. I know your father is going to be so happy to see you with your little sister."

Jughead opened the trailer door and looked around. The bags weren't on the kitchen table anymore. FP hid those last night. He walked over to the bedroom to see his father asleep. The Andrews men came in behind him and waited in the living room.

He walked up to the side of the bed his father was on and gently shook him, "Dad." He eventually shook him awake. FP saw his son. He rubbed his eyes and checked again to see if he was really there. It brought a smile to his face.

"Jug?"

"Dad, get up and get ready. Archie and Mr. Andrews are here."

"Why?"

"No questions. Just get ready. We'll be waiting in the living room." Jughead didn't answer his question. "Just trust me. It'll be worth getting up."

They took FP out for a couple of hours. In the meantime Gladys and Jellybean arrived to the trailer.

"Where are Juggie and daddy?" The ten year old asked as she walked into the trailer with her.

"Your brother said he would back with your father in a couple of minutes." Gladys walked over to the refrigerator and yanked it open. She saw it empty, including all of the alcohol that used to be in there. "Huh?" She was confused by the lack of it even though Jughead told her he was done with drinking. "JB, will you be a good girl and wait here for me? I'm going to make a quick run to the store."

"Okay," Jellybean said.

Her mother pecked a kiss on the top of her head before stepping out. Jellybean flopped down on the couch but remembered she had a pudding cup in her backpack. She eagerly took it out then went to the kitchen to look for a spoon. She rummaged the drawers for one. Something inside caught her eye. She put the cup down on the counter and grabbed the little capsule inside.

She read the label, "Forsythe Pendleton Jones, I-I." She thought it was weird that her dad had two random I's in his name. But then again her name was Forsythia.

She was curious to see what it was. She twisted the lid to see inside. It was a bunch of pills.

Barking outside startled her and she dropped the capsule on the floor. All of them spilled out. She heard the door open and she panicked. The capsule flew out of her hand and she couldn't find it.

Joaquin came in with Hot Dog in his arms.

"FP?" He yelled out.

He spotted Jellybean in the kitchen before she knelt down to gather all the pills into her hand. She shoved them into her pockets.

"Jellybean, is that you?"

She popped up and recognized the teenager.