Bruce

You'd noticed him the first time you'd entered SHIELD as a 'baby' agent. Well, that's what they all seems to call you. No one seemed to take you seriously except for him. You always tell yourself that one day you'll be the one in charge around here. You like that idea.

"Hey," you hear. It's Josh, your best friend at base. BFAB. Everyone thinks you two are just a kiss away from dating, but you know that there's someone else you've got your sights on.

"Hey," you return, elbowing him as he comes closer and puts his arm around you.

"Where are you headed off to?" he asks.

You shrug. You were going to walk around a bit just incase you might bump into your Price Charming, but now he mentioned it, you couldn't exactly say that. "About to go for a break," you decide.

He smiles. "Ah. Cool."

He walks with you half way down the corridor before the intercom goes off. "Agent Josh Coleman to the Central Room. Agent Josh Coleman."

So he has to leave you but not before planting a kiss on your cheek.

You turn around, still shocked, only to find Bruce standing there.

He gives you a funny look, looking back at where Josh has now disappeared. "Are... Are you two... Together?" he asks.

You're quick to dispel that. "No. Absolutely not."

He nods. "Alright."

"You and Natasha?"

"Uh, no to that too. Huh. So that's what's been going around."

You laugh. "Yeah."

"Hey, I was just going to grab a bite to eat, would you happen to want to come...?"

He was giving you the cutest almost puppy dog like look ever. How could you refuse?

"Sure."

*****

You arrive at the cafe a couple minutes dive away and get out of the car before he can help you out. You notice the smallest bit of a pout, but it's gone before you can make anything of it.

He gets the door for you.

The two of you sit down and immediately he's making conversation.

You know those people who talk and can just keep the conversation flowing? Yeah? Well he's one of them.

You find yourself so engrossed in everything he has to say that it's a shock when the waiter puts down both of your favourite drinks followed by two delicious looking meals.

"Thanks," you mumble, hoping he'll pick up the conversation again. And he does. You're delving into completely undivided attention again.

Time seems to stand still, but by the time you've finished your meals and your conversation, it's almost dark. It's been a long break and you're not sure how Fury will handle this. You're a little screwed.

******

You both arrive back at base and Fury is standing there with your team captain, his hands on his hips, and looking very, very frustrated.

Bruce gives him an apologetic look and he immediately softens. "Agent (Y/N). Back to your duties," Fury says.

You nod. "Yes, sir."

-----

:D
Thank you for reading these imagines! It really means so much to me that my creative outlet is actually being used (if that makes sense). Thank you so much for the votes too! And the comments! ERMERGERD! We've passed 300 views and we're almost to 50 votes! Thank you so much!!!!!

Vote comment follow :)