Bruce

He sat awkwardly as the other Avengers partied away at the newest hotspot in NYC. They were all having a good time, dancing with people and alone (in Thor's case because he was a pretty scary dancer).

"Come on, Banner, lighten up," Natasha said, taking her drink off the table.

"I'm fine," he said, smiling.

Natasha knew better. "No way. Come on. Dance. Liven up!"

He sighed. "I'm really not into this."

She sighed. "If you wanna dance, you know where I am!" Then she returned to dancing over there with Tony and Clint and Tony's many, many groupies.

Bruce watched on, wanting to leave.

He stayed a bit longer, drank a few more cups of whatever was in his drink, and decided he'd had enough. The light and the music were annoying him big time. And there was this one spot light that kept going on him and blinding his eyes.

He got up and took his jacket.

"Whoa! Where are you going?" Tony asked him.

He pushed past him. "I'm going home. This is really not my scene."

Tony shrugged. "Ok. See you."

He walked away only to be caught up with by Natasha. "Bruce! Are you seriously going?"

"Yeah. I think it's late enough."

"It's like midnight."

"It's late enough for me," he rephrased.

She laughed. "Alright. I'll walk you out." She did as she said she would, then she gave him a kiss on the cheek. "See you."

"Bye."

He walked out and she went back in to enjoy dancing and drinking and loud music that was not appealing.

The bouncer was a little shocked he was leaving. Everyone wanted in. Not out.

Bruce decided that he might as well walk home.

And then it began to rain.

He began to jog home. He made it one block before he was stopped. Inside a 24 hour cafe, were two girls of which one he could not take his eyes off. You.

He walked into the cafe and ordered someone completely random just to sit and look at you.

Your eyes met a couple times as you laughed with your friend. You were in a sparkly bodycon dress and your friend was in almost the same thing, but matte. Your friend looked back as Bruce quickly averted his eyes. He's been caught big time.

Your friend stood up and walked over to his table, smiling.

"Hey," she said, smiling. "We're going to the club down one block. Would you like to come?"

He jumped at the opportunity. "Sure. That would be lovely."

Your friend giggled. "By the way, my friend thinks your cute."

And so you made your way to the club. You were immediately let in and the bouncer was surprised to see Bruce again. You wondered why.

Then you saw Tony Stark. "Oh my god," you told your friend. "He's coming this way. Save me."

She laughed.

Tony smiled. "Would any of you two lovely ladies care to dance with me? Or both - Banner! You came back!"

You and your friend looked to him. Bruce Banner?

He just gave you a sheepish grin. You laughed, taking him to the dance floor whilst your friend went and danced around with Tony.

--------

TADA :)

Vote, comment, follow and all that jazzzzzzzzz <3