Chapter 47: Understatement of the Year

"You say that like it's not obvious."  Whiplash commented, getting smacked in the side by Frostflake's tail.  "Ow!  Hey!  What!?"

   Frostflake made one of Hiccup's annoyed sounds and glared at him.  "You took one of Hiccup's 50 spyglasses, didn't you?"  She asked.  I blinked, surprised.  "How did you know that?"  "We're literally linked, Kiara.  What in the name of the Edge do you mean?" 

   "What do you mean we're - I started but was cut off by Whiplash.  "Uh, guys, there's a ballista aimed at the dragon arena WHERE THEY HAVE THE DRAGONS.  Are we gonna do something about that or..?"

   "Nope, we don't have to."  Frostflake flicked her tail at Toothless, who was diving for the crossbow.  "But Skullcrusher looks like he might need some help with Scarlet!"  "Who's Sca -"  I started.  "The Singetail."  Frostflake interrupted me as she shot toward him.  "Come on!"

   Skullcrusher was separating Krogan from the Great Hall.  I narrowed my eyes.  "Clever,"  I muttered.  "But it's not working."  I flashed into a Fire Wraith and roared fiercely, making Krogan look back at me and turn "Scarlet's" attention toward me.  Skullcrusher turned and blasted the Great Hall doors open, letting the other Riders free.

   "You think one more of you is going to make a difference?"  Krogan asked.  I roared fiercely.  "Who said it was just one more of us?"  Stoick grinned, and I turned to see Gronkles, Nadders, Nightmares, and Zipplebacks flock the Flyers.  "The dragons are protecting their home!"  I laughed.  Scarlet let out an annoyed grunt as Krogan turned her toward Skullcrusher.

   "Enjoy your remaining days,"  Krogan growled.  "We will do what we set out to do."  He flew away, Scarlet muttering something inaudible during it.  

   "So...that was unexpected."  Whiplash commented.  "Pfft.  Understatement of the YEAR!"  I commented, becoming a human again and popping onto Frostflake's back.  "NONE of this was expected!"

   "Oooh, the egg hatched!"  Fishlegs squealed, flying up to us on Meatlug.  "That's not all..."  I held up the Razorwhip twins.  "We need a name for them."  "Hm.  How about Amber and Amythest?"  Tuffnut commented.  "That doesn't even make sense!"  Fishlegs cried.  "And anything the twins say does?"  I pointed out.  "Fair point."  He agreed.  "Tell you what, I kind of like it."

   I held up the mostly-gray Razorwhip.  "You are Amber and you -"  I held up the lighter Razorwhip - "are Amythest."

   "Wow, and their colors are like nothing I've ever seen before on a Razorwhip..."  Fishlegs muttered.  I glared after the tiny red shape in the distance until it vanished.  Krogan has no idea what he's started.