Chapter 85: A Dart of Information

Later, I was helping Gobber sort his stuff (because I liked to sort and dust).

   Hiccup stepped inside, placing a feathered dart on the desk.  "Somebody's here."  "What?"  Frostflake lurched to her feet as I said the same thing.  "Somebody snuck past our defenses, and managed to lay a trap in the woods."

   I glanced to where Eret grabbed the dart and inspected it.  "Yeah, I wouldn't advise taking Toothless anywhere for a while, chief.  I know this handiwork.  Grimmel the Grizzly.  Famous back where I'm from.  Smartest Dragon Hunter I've ever met - well, except for me, of course."  

   Hiccup and Astrid glanced at each other.  "What's he famous for?"  I asked, unsure if I wanted to know the answer.  "Hunting Night Furies,"  Eret replied with a shrug.  I glanced back at Toothless, who was now looking our way.  "Hm."

   "Well, he can't be that smart, he left his trap unmanned."  Hiccup pointed out.  "Haha.  Nothing's accidental when it comes to old Grimmel.  He lives for the hunt.  To get inside the mind of his prey, to control his every choice."  

   I glanced back at Viggo, was also there.  "Hm.  That doesn't sound familiar.  Not at all."  Hiccup shot me a glare.  "What?  All I'm saying is, we've dealt with this kind of guy before.  We should at least have an advantage there."  I protested.

   "Yeah.  We have dealt with his kind before."  Hiccup agreed.  "Don't underestimate him, Hiccup.  Mark my words, he'll be back."  Eret said.  "Then we'll be waiting,"  I said.  

   (Sorry for the really short chapter, I promise the next chapter will be much more exciting!)