Guilt

"Jungkook, are you sure you're doing your homeworks, son?" My dad's voice grasps me back to reality. I'm trying painfully hard to focus on my lessons and get these fucking assignments done, but the memories of what happened today keep blurring my sight.

"Yes, dad. If you let me, I'll finish them soon!" I groan while turning the pen in my mouth restlessly, thinking about the math problem.

Besides my thoughts, my weak brain in math is another bad adding to my misery. I'm just not made for lessons. The only lesson I can understand in school is literature which is because of me reading novels all day and night!

Seeing the situation, I can't get this thing done. Therefore, I just let my mind slip back to him; to how his beautiful face makes me feel guilty every time I remember I could actually prove to him that I care about him.

I never liked Taehyung, but I felt like I hated no one as much as I hated him in that moment in this huge world. Jin is for sure now rewriting all those numerous homeworks we have done in his home because of him.

"Jungkook, if you're just gonna space out for all night, I can use a good help here from you!" This time, my mom breaks the line of my thoughts from the kitchen.

"Yeah, mom?" I let out and walk to the kitchen lazily.

"Please chop the oninions for me, sweetheart." Mom asks me while she goes to the cabinets to fetch god knows what!

I sit down and start doing the job in hand. People usually have lunch in their home, and then they just reheat what is left from that meal for their dinner. However, in our house we always make dinner because none of us are at home during day times. I'm in school while my parents are in their work places. We all need homemade foods for our system to work properly.

"Mom, I'm invited to Hoseok's house for a night over this friday. Jimin is going to be there, too. Can I go?" I ask while wiping my tears with the back of my hand. I really hate chopping onions, and somehow my mom always ends up putting this horrifying task in my hand.

"I have no problem with it, but ask your dad, too." She comes to my side and gets the chopped onions from me.

"Mom, can I ask you something else?" I utter in a tone only a little above whisper. For a moment, I think that maybe and luckily she hasn't heard me, but her soft voice brings a frown to my face mostly out of fear.

"Yes, baby. Of course you can."

Why parents are like this?! I mean why they are always just so kind while all we do is to drown them in our problems?

"I've witnessed something in school today that I could stop, b-but I didn't. Does that make me a bad person, mom?" I ask her while playing with the hem of my T-shirt.

"That thing needed a halt, Jungkook?" She asks me back and stares at my soul in a way that makes me feel uneasy.

"It was a bully doing his job. I saw it and I could help the victim, but I didn't because nobody likes him in our school. The bully is famous, and he could hurt me later on."

I try to make my excuse look a little bit more reasonable even though deep down, I myself know it doesn't display me the innocent one in any ways.

"In times like this, you should call for the headmaster, or I don't know one of your teachers without letting your name be revealed, baby." Mom gives me pieces of advice which doesn't lighten my heaviness a tad. Ironically, it even adds more to it.

"I know you're sad about it, Jungkook, but it's been done already. You can learn from your mistake, and next time save another student.

Also if I was you, I would befriend that student. The poor thing must feel lonely in the school when everybody hates him. Now go call your dad. The dinner is ready."

And how I wish in that moment and forever I could be just not a friend, but a lot more than that to him.

************************************

Late at night while I should be asleep, I'm stuck in a chat with my friends in our group chat. I mean I tried to get away from my phone, but it kept on calling for me!

Hoseok: Guys, have you asked your parents? Will you come? 🤔

Jimin: Hey Hoseok. Yes, you know I'm always in these shits as long as it is in your house ;)

From me: I'll be there too. 😫

Hoseok: What's with that emoji?! 😐

From me: Nothing. I swear to god nothing! Just leave me alone please. 😑

Jimin: This brat is always ungrateful. I'm used to him being this way for a very long time Hoseok!

Hoseok: I'll deal with you tommorow in school Jungkook! For now I wanna ask one of you guys to bring some snacks to my house for the night. Don't worry. I'll pay you later. 😒

I can't go outside tommorow to do that myself. My mom has doomed me to this unfair fate. 😑

Jimin: Lol 😂

From me: I can do that, but I want my money right on the place. 😡

Hoseok: I said I'll give it to you fetus. Now if you don't mind, I need to give some sleep to my brain. The poor thing worked for hours to get that math shit done. I'm beat. 😪

Jimin: Did it go somewhere at the end?

Hoseok: No, I couldn't solve it. 😂

Jimin: Neither did I. 😂👏👏
Now go rest that genius brain of yours!

From me: See you two tommorow... unfortunately!

I put my phone on the nightstand and lie down on my bed, hoping for that sleep they talked about come to my eyes, as well. However, the thing is... it's been days I don't know what is a peaceful sleep; a sleep in which I could live without his lips!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

This chapter looks trivial and not serious, but later on (really soon) you see its importance.

And I'm also sorry for the late updates here, but I update "Alpha" more than this story (even though I think this one will end sooner). 😶

How was it, anyway?