13 ☆ iCan't Even

@pietrajtiorano

I have a confession to make. I'm secretly a #fashionella fan, and I heard she has a surprise. @bellarina is an AWESOME chick and I hope I'm not the only one jittery here at dance practice. I'm practicing landing with the split after an aerial cartwheel! Also, these yoga pants are super comfy!

 I'm practicing landing with the split after an aerial cartwheel! Also, these yoga pants are super comfy!

After six whole days without her phone, Mrs. Quincy finally forgave her daughter, saying she had "gotten what she deserved." Oh, how happy Bella was. She was so happy she did a pirouette. It didn't go too well, though, because her dancing was an abomination, but who was watching?

She horribly danced around her room, trying her best to pretend she hadn't been outshone.

Immediately she got her hands on her phone, she began catching up; from Twitter to Instagram to Facebook to Snapchat to YouTube, and back. She was so occupied she barely looked up to react to the impact her head made with the car's door—not that it didn't hurt.

Viola was surprisingly happy, giggling at a video she was watching, and Cody glanced in the rearview mirror at her. She wasn't talking to him like she used to, and it bothered him. He didn't realize he would care so much when they stopped talking.

Bella finally looked up when Cody parked in the student's parking lot, and she spotted Jun Li talking to a pretty black girl. "Hey, Viola, has anyone texted you about a sleepover?" she asked, grabbing her backpack.

"Um, actually, yeah—yesterday."

"Okay." She opened the door. "I have to go talk to someone. I'll see you later."

"Sure."

"We can talk then about... that thing... right?" She sounded unsure, but Viola couldn't exactly blame her. It was fragile territory, that much was clear.

"Definitely."

Bella gave her a smile before getting out, and Viola gathered her things—a sketchbook and some pencils—then undid the zipper of her backpack.

"Viola."

Her head snapped up, as if she forgot Cody was still in the car. He was looking at her expectantly, waiting for her to do something—blink, even. Finally, she turned back to her backpack, putting her sketchbook in it, and he got out of the car, slamming the door shut behind him a little too loudly.

He leaned against the door afterwards, and she also got out of the car.

"You can't ignore me forever, you know that, right?" he asked, looking ahead.

"I'm sorry, what? Because I definitely wasn't listening."

He smiled, but it seemed fake—manufactured and forced—then he looked at her. "That's the path we're taking, huh? Why are you mad at me?"

"Who helped you figure that out?" She immediately made to walk away, but was stopped by his voice.

"I'm serious, Viola."