16 ☆ Feels So Right

10:05 a.m. 28th September, 2019.

OMG! With all the stuff going on in my life, I never thought I could feel so happy. Mom wants to make up for lost time by taking me shopping (we haven't gone shopping in AGES!). And I think I'm finally getting my first B cup! How crazy is that? Hurrah for my boobs!

The reasons why this would probably turn out to be the worst Saturday of Bella's life were numerous

One, the previous day ended up being a total mess; Viola didn't return until way later. Two, Fleur announced, out of nowhere, that her friends and "guests" always ate with her family. Three, Amparo had to stand in for a wall between her and Beau at the table. Four, Jessica Lupinacci kept throwing suspicious glances between her and Beau as she talked. Five, Viola refused to even look at her. Six, her fans were complaining about her, not to mention the fact that she found her phone on the floor the previous night.

The day was going terribly already, so how could it not get worse?

Her phone vibrated in her lap as she spread peanut butter on her toast and barely listened to Jessica narrate how she knew she wanted to be a fashion journalist when she was older. Bella looked down at the phone and couldn't help widening her eyes.

You look beautiful in that dress ;)

She nervously cleared her throat, earning a weird look from Amparo beside her, then straightened in her seat and looked away from the phone.

"I would hog the remote just so I wouldn't miss the fashion reviews, and boom—I started imagining myself doing that..."

Her phone vibrated again, and she disobeyed herself and looked at it.

Stop pretending to listen. AND try spreading the jam over the pb next time. It's called pb and j for a reason

How did he type this so fast? she wondered, then decided to ignore him again. He was just a seat away, and she tried to forget that. It was wrong to use technology at the table. How was he even comfortable being the only boy at the table?

As if hearing her thoughts, he abruptly stood. "You girls have fun, okay?"

His mom, who was sitting across from him, lifted a perfectly arched eyebrow. "Are you full?"

"Yeah," he replied, but Bella knew he was lying—somehow. "And I'm not really a fan of conversations I can't make contributions to."

Jessica pouted and the other girls, except Viola, giggled.

"See, Jess? You bored my brother to the peak of boredom," Fleur said.

Her mom playfully slapped her arm. "Stop that. She was talking about her future. All you ever talk about is fashion."

Seeing that the topic had been steered from his apparent boredom, Beau left, and Bella tried hard not to look at him when he walked past her.

"Give your dad a call for me, honey. Tell him about what we discussed yesterday," his mom shouted behind him.