44 ☆ Trick-N-Treat

This chapter mentions a mental disorder.

* * *

Journal entry (No. 52)

I'm probably going to take note of every detail of Halloween night, because this is it. What I've been planning for MONTHS! I feel so ecstatic right now, I can't even believe I went through with it. I blackmailed people, got into their computers, into their heads, into their minds, saw through their actions, uncovered their lies, let out their secrets, and discovered my brain isn't totally all right. I'm not going to believe the last part, though, no matter what the silly doctor told me.

I don't even know why Mom sent me there. Just on the account that I'm "too hostile" sometimes. What is a personality disorder even? It's just stupid. I'm just... having fun? Right? And showing her that she's not better than everyone else? I'm doing people a favor. They're all enjoying the drama.

Yes, it's all just stupid. I'm fine and impatient. Halloween come already! I can't wait! It's like something inside me is waiting to explode, and it feels totally amazing!

 Halloween come already! I can't wait! It's like something inside me is waiting to explode, and it feels totally amazing!

Maggie-Lyn's life was over—according to her, anyway. Monday night, Bella walked into her room, still on a high from the kiss, but her happiness was pulverized when she saw Maggie-Lyn curled up in bed, crying.

When she asked what was wrong, her cousin didn't say anything, showing her phone to her, instead.

Bella was beginning to believe Internet fame was like the earth—when you're on the part facing the sun, it's all bright, and people are sending you so much love, but when it's night, everything's the opposite, scary and negative.

She cringed so many times while scrolling through Maggie-Lyn's Twitter at eleven on Tuesday night.

An account—WLGLegit—which, apparently, was a celebrity gossip account created to promote their E! Online and TMZ wannabe website, retweeted Fashionella Dirt's post, along with the link to the article about Maggie-Lyn's "betrayal," and they weren't nice. The only thing Bella found impressive about their page while reading the one thousand plus comments was their slightly excellent way of putting words, so it seemed like they were having a conversation with their readers.

They're cousins! They should be in this together, one comment read.

Big disappointment. And here I was thinking she was my role model.

That's it! I'm going to make more memes!

I didn't even know these two before this post. But I looked them up and all I can say is... FAMILY DRAMA!!

Maggie-Lyn asked Bella to read the comments to her, because she was scared to read them herself, and Bella was nice enough to skip a few.

Adele cornered them on Wednesday, after Bella returned from school—which was hell on earth—asking for an explanation for their behavior. Maggie-Lyn blamed it on her period, and Bella told her she had tests coming up—which wasn't entirely untrue.