28 ☆ Now or Never

I know your secret, Bella. What am I saying? I know ALL your secrets. I know how you used to feel about Viola, and I have evidence. I know who you choose between Travon and Beau right now. I know you and Travon shared a kiss the other day. And I'm not afraid to share these secrets — YWN.

Bella was by her locker the next day when she saw Beau approaching her

Their eyes met, but he naturally looked away—the way you would avert your eyes when it met with a stranger's—then walked past her like she wasn't there.

Her jaw dropped as she turned to his retreating figure, and she suddenly felt mad.

He was ignoring her? She was supposed to be the one ignoring him. She called him three times, but he didn't pick up or call back. When he finally texted, he asked her to meet him at a beach—and he didn't even say please. How did he even know about her beach party?

Before she could think about it, she ran towards him, then stopped directly in front of him, almost causing him to bump into her. She folded her arms over her chest and stared at him as he steadied himself.

"Seriously," he mumbled, then stared back at her with an unreadable expression. Without taking his eyes off her, he said, "I don't have the time for this."

He moved like he wanted to go around her, but she stepped in his way. "Really? You don't have the time for this—for me."

"I never said that, did I?"

"I can tell you're thinking it."

He put on a look that was between annoyed and frustrated. "This is ridiculous," he mumbled.

"I called you, Beau," Bella said, letting her annoyance flow. "Three times." She held three fingers up in his face. "Three." Her fingers went down. "But you ignored me. Heck, I even texted you. You skipped school without letting me know and I tried to reach out to you. And, while we're at it, you did the same thing last week, ignoring me like I don't matter. You completely disregarded me!"

Beau ran a hand through his hair, and Bella could just see how annoyed he was. She had never seen him this way before. "Why are you blaming all this on me? Didn't I text you yesterday?"

"That's not what this is about. You know that, so stop trying to change the topic." She felt bad about not going to meet him, but she didn't want to be the one feeling guilty here.

"Bella, did you think, for just a second, that I didn't pick up your calls or text back because I didn't want to talk?"

She opened her mouth to reply, but words failed her. She didn't think about it that way... but it didn't matter. "So I get to share my problems with you, but you don't have to share yours with me? Why is that, huh?"

"Bella, we're not talking about this, okay?"

"Why not?"

Beau looked away for a moment, then, looking back at her, he said, "You didn't show up yesterday. I waited two hours, hoping you'd come. You talk about me disregarding you, but when I finally wanted to talk to you, you ignored me.