17 ☆ iWonder

When I was in third grade, I had a crush on this girl—not that I completely understood what a crush was. I just knew I loved the way her hair smelled. I became sort of a stalker, always wanting to smell her hair, and it got so bad she freaked out and left. Yep! She left for another school (at least that's what I think). I know this is pointless, but I think I have writer's block too ;)

For some weird and unidentifiable reason, Bella couldn't wait to see Beau again

For some weird and unidentifiable reason, Bella couldn't wait to see Beau again. He was taking over her mind and drowning out every other thought—mainly thoughts about her best friend.

After quickly getting in the car, excited to get to school, she texted Viola, asking if she was coming. Normally, Viola replied to her texts within seconds, but when a minute passed and there was nothing, Bella sighed, then looked at Cody, who was standing outside.

"I don't think she's coming, Cody," she said.

"Why don't you just call her?"

She released another sigh, then tried calling Viola. When it went to voicemail, she let out another breath and looked back at her brother. "Not picking up."

"What is wrong with her?"

"I have no idea," she lied, and he got into the driver's side.

"Why's she acting this way all of a sudden?"

"If I tell you I know, I'd be lying."

"I can't take this anymore," he muttered, turning the key in the ignition.

It was obvious Cody was cheesed off, and Bella couldn't blame him; he deserved to be annoyed. He and Viola were like twins from different parents, so it was a real wonder that she was ignoring him all of a sudden.

Immediately they got to school, Cody stormed out of the car, leaving his backpack behind, and Bella ran out after him when she noticed he was beyond pissed.

She grabbed his arm, then stepped in front of him. "Look, just calm down—don't get mad at her—"

"Why not?"

"She probably has an explanation."

"Well, I have to hear that explanation before deciding on my temper."

He walked around her, then headed for the front doors of the school. His strides were long, and Bella had to run to keep up with him. When she was finally beside him—though still walking the fastest she had ever—she tried talking him out of confronting her best friend.

"Cody, think about this," she suggested, but his jaw remained firm.

"I don't want to think."

They walked into school like they were going for battle, and got a few weird looks from students walking past them.

Bella had a really bad feeling about what was about to happen. It was like she suddenly had foresight.

"Just let me talk to her, then."