43 ☆ Hugs and Kisses

Today we're going to take a little left turn and talk about a relative (cousin, precisely) of Bella, who some of you might know. She's the owner of Literally Maggie, what we think is a senseless channel that just wastes people's time. For all you Maggie-L fans out there, here's something juicy: your dear, sweet Maggie is actually very, very jealous of Fashionella's progress. If you know an Instagram user named Becca, with the username beccaeverything, you'd know this girl has no mercy when it comes to Bella, but you probably don't know this is Maggie-Lyn Kenriek in disguise.

 If you know an Instagram user named Becca, with the username beccaeverything, you'd know this girl has no mercy when it comes to Bella, but you probably don't know this is Maggie-Lyn Kenriek in disguise

"I met her in late July when things were getting bad for us, and, I don't know, she just... seemed to get me." Viola took a pause, then concluded in a lower voice, "More than you did."

Bella adjusted herself in the kitchen chair she was sitting in, and Viola kept her gaze on her folded hands on the table.

After Bella told Viola everything about the Internet bully and spyware, and showed her the latest email at school, Viola visibly froze. She stared at the photo attachment, but before she could say anything about it, the sound of the bell ringing reached them, and they agreed to meet at Bella's place later.

Now it was just the two of them—Bella had promised Beau she would call him later, and Jake had a quiz to study for—and Viola's narration about how she met "Marigold Lau" was making Bella woozy for some reason.

A red Eva's shirt—that was what Viola, as well as her friend, was wearing to HalloWiener in a few days.

"And you two have been friends since then?" Bella asked, finally finding her voice, and Viola nodded. "You," her voice lowered itself before she touched the sensitive topic, "told her about your dad?"

Viola took a while, but finally said, "I did."

Bella drew in a breath, then relaxed in her chair. She recalled the way Viola slapped her across the face, and she lowered herself in the chair. Viola could tell a total stranger about her personal life, but not her, who she'd known for ten years.

Viola put her head in her hands, then leaned her elbows on the table. "I can't believe this," she mumbled. "I was hurting myself and didn't even realize it."

Bella watched her for a moment and couldn't help but blame her for the way things turned out. If she had just told her what was going on, she probably wouldn't have wanted to be Internet friends with "Marigold," and she probably wouldn't have gotten hurt the way she did.

Instead of expressing her thoughts, Bella asked, "Did she... you know, tell you anything... weird?"

Viola stayed the way she was for a while, then lifted her head, and her now glassy eyes looked anywhere but Bella's face. "Yeah," she began, with a slightly shaky voice. "The day I got the Eva's shirt, I asked her how she knew where I lived, because I never told her, and she said, I'm not someone who's far away, Viola."