38 ☆ Spy, Where?

1:03AM

SCHEDULE FOR OCTOBER 31ST

1. Carve my name into a pumpkin.

2. Bake some treats.

3. Have fun, then go to HalloWiener.

4. Exchange thumb drives with the MC (without him knowing, of course).

5. Smile when everything I've recorded of Bella and her not-so-truthful friends plays in front of the whole of LA (and, hopefully, the world).

 Smile when everything I've recorded of Bella and her not-so-truthful friends plays in front of the whole of LA (and, hopefully, the world)

Perhaps the only thing worse than being cyberbullied was having an emergency honors math test on a Thursday morning. Bella was completely unprepared, and if she wasn't already skilled in math and hadn't made up with Beau, she would've been getting ready to host a party for her first high school F.

Thankfully, she was one of the few smiling students at the end of class.

Mr. Dylan looked overjoyed, definitely pleased with the outcome of his action. Such an evil man.

"Hey, Bella, do you have a sec?" she heard behind her as she walked out of class, and abruptly turned around, bumping her head into the shoulder of a guy she didn't know she had the class with. He growled at her, and she smiled apologetically, rubbing her forehead.

"Rude," the boy mumbled, then walked away.

Bella ignored him and stepped away from the door, Jake coming into view immediately.

"Hey," he said, smiling and putting his dimples on display.

"Hi. What's up?" She put her hands in the back pockets of her jeans.

"Um, did you see my email?"

Of course she did. It had almost given her a heart attack. When she received it, she had thought it was from YWN, and had already began dreading what they wanted to tell her. She had released a huge sigh of relief—much to the concern of Maggie-Lyn, who was now watching her like a mother hen—when she saw that it was from Jake.

Honestly, she was expecting something from YWN, but, at the same time, she prayed they wouldn't contact her again.

"Yeah. About... Viola."

"Yeah." His smile turned to a faint blush, and she lifted her eyebrows. "You're not mad about it, are you?"

"No. Why would I be mad?"

"I don't know. I'm not an expert on girls' emotions."

She smiled. "Don't worry about it. We're good. So, what exactly did you want to talk to me about?"

"Well, Vi and I have been hanging out for the past couple of weeks and, after your fight, she hasn't stopped talking about you. She would recall something the both of you did together and smile at the memory. I'm not supposed to tell you this, but on Monday, she had a meltdown and..." He paused, as if wanting to add dramatic flair. "Bella, she misses being your friend. Things are hard for her right now and she's an emotional wreck, but I'm a hundred percent sure she still cares about you."