bonus #1 ☆ e-vailable

Viola DelMane was sure she had made many mistakes in her almost-sixteen years of life, but she was almost a hundred percent sure she had never made one as big as this

Scratch that, she was very sure she had never made a mistake as big as this, and if she hadn't sewn a crooked line on an expensive fabric several times, she wouldn't have admitted it. She leaned back in her seat, looking up and letting out a sigh that gave dejected a new definition.

It was Saturday and Bella's birthday was drawing near, and what could be a better gift than a self-made dress? Plus, the fabric was amazing, smooth to the touch, sky blue, cozy, and definitely Bella. But every time she tried to attach the sleeves, her stomach would turn over and she'd be hit by a strong wave of guilt.

She had to tell Bella, or else she'd die before her junior year, and she wasn't sure she was joking about that.

Deciding to pack up and leave, she stood and grabbed her bag from the bench beside her. She was very grateful Michelle Henshaw allowed her to use one of Teen Stars' sewing machines for personal purposes, because without her permission, she'd have to go to her weekend fashion class, and she wasn't sure her mom was completely happy about that.

She said goodbye to her fashion instructor after putting what will eventually be a pretty dress with flared sleeves in her bag. The woman sent her a wave, engrossed in an important phone call.

On her way out of the Fashion building, she checked her phone, feeling a weird blend of loneliness and relief when she saw that she had no texts and no one had called her. Amora had been texting her nonstop for the past few days, apologizing, begging her to listen, telling her that she was just angry on Halloween night and that she didn't mean any of what she said. And while Viola was a little happy the texts had stopped, she felt empty, like a part of her had been ripped out and thrown into a blender.

In the short time her and Amora had been friends, she felt like nothing else that happened around her was important, and right now, she wished she could go back to feeling that way, but it wasn't possible. Things were too real now.

She decided to walk home, already adapting to her new routine, wanting to clear her head and buy herself some time. Her steps were slow and her head was down, and she mentally practiced what she'd say when she got to Bella's house. Her best friend would be mad, that was obvious, but maybe they would work something out. After all, they'd been best friends for ten years and that had to mean a lot, right?

Wrong.

If it meant anything, she wouldn't have thrown it all away and given herself to her inferiority complex. She wouldn't have withdrawn herself as much as she did and lied and kept secrets. She would've been more open, going to her best friend who was there for her—even though she was distracted by her own life and Internet fame most of the time.

That was how it should've been all along.

She hated herself for minutes and didn't realize when she got to the Quincys. Their house looked warm, but her stomach was turning with nerves. She could imagine Bella's happy but sad face before, and her shocked face after. Oh no, she couldn't do this.