Chapter 20: Big in Japan

*Sounds of shoe clacking on the side walk*

"Ne-san, how does it feel to be back here" I said as I slid my hands into the pocket of the coat to warm up my hands with the two hand warmers I took out with me.

"Its certainly does feel good to be back but I didn't expect it to be this cold especially at this time of the year." Mina slightly shivered after making that remark. When I saw her shiver I took off my coat and draped it over Mina and said " take this it ain't that cold." I said to Mina as i smiled at her warmly. She blushed and proceeded to look down and mumbled softly "Thank you." we continue to walk to the convenient store in the cold Tokyo night.

---In the convenient store---

"oiii, Ne-san what do you want? Its on me tonight cause I'm getting a beer and a couple snacks and instant noodles." I said as I followed Mina around the store with a basket containing a few cans of beer, couple bags of snacks and couple bowls of instant noodles while following her I saw a couple passerby looking at us and making a few gestures and gradually few more people came.

"Ne-san you may want to be faster in picking your snacks I think the papz are going to be here soon judging by the people looking at us outside." After hearing that Mina teasingly asked "whats your plan if the papz show up?" To which I replied "well I saw a back alley from the previous street to the hotel we could probably lose them in the alley? Why?" I just saw Mina smile at me to seemingly say 'Let's do that then' to which I mumbled " Cover yourself with my coat and we'll make a break for it." She nodded as she started shifting the coat up and the minute we walked out we saw guys with camera lenses anywhere from 80-110mm lenses clearly they were out for a scoop.

"Excuse me but may we use the back door in the staff room to exit there's too many people by the front and shut the power before we head out the back." I said to him as passed him a bribe of 3000 Yen. Afterwards I took Mina and rushed out the back much to her surprise as the shop experienced a "black out" and we made our break for the hotel hoping to give the papz the slip. "We sure gave them the slip!" I exclaimed while laughing as we ran with Mina laughing behind me as we ran along I saw a camera flash at the corner of the eye to which I stopped and slid behind a dustbin causing Mina to lose her balance and fall awkwardly on me essentially elbowing me in the face and cutting the side of my lip.

"Shhhh, let them pass theres too many of them" I said as Mina was still sitting on me. After I saw them pass me and Mina proceeded but I heard a familiar voice "Hey if it isn't Y/N-kun!" I turned around to see my good friend Shizuka Hiratsuka an old friend of mine when I previously met while I was in Japan accompanied by two high school students. "Oh look who we have here if it isn't Shizuka-chan." I said smugly only to the amusement to two of her students as she clicked her tongue as she glared at me blushing. 

"Anyways, I gotta run me and my friend here gotta make it back to the hotel before the papz find us if they come back here direct them in the opposite direction we went. Thanks Shizuka-Chan. I'll treat you and your students to something once all this is over." I said before running off with the snacks in one hand and MIna in another with mina saying 'Thank you' before we left.

---Shizuka POV---

"excuse me miss but did u see this girl and this man?" a pap asked her 

"Oh they went this way" Shizuka pointed calmly 'Damn it that Y/N better treat me to something good, making me all embarrassed in front of them'

---Meanwhile back at the hotel lobby---

"Phew thank god we made it back in time before we got mobbed" I said chuckling as we walked into the hotel lobby and went back to our room. 

When we got into the room I heard mina gasp as she said in a worried tone "I'm sorry Y/N-Kun your coats ruin there a patch thats scratched up pretty badly, let me get you a new one." to which I replied nonchalantly "Oh no its fine in fact it looks more rugged that way I like it. So which ramen do you want now? I call dibs on miso haha ." as I passed a tonkotsu one before opening a nice cold can of beer to go along with the ramen as I drank and ate while watching the TV.

Just then "TWICE idol Myoi Mina seen with man running away from papz just outside XXX street close to XXX hotel that twice was supposed to be staying in" I looked up at Mina with a "oh crap" look while she just laughed at my reaction and said "everything's gonna be fine" to which I just shrugged and carried on with my food.

---some time later--- Mina's POV

*Ding Ding* 

I saw Y/N's phone light up as a notification from his girlfriend came in and it seemed serious. she was saying that 'they needed to talk'.

"oii, Y/N-kun, I think you have an important text from your girlfriend." I said as I walked over to him to to pass him his phone only to be greeted by him sighing and mumbling vaguely 'Why now of all times' only to change to a warm smile and say "Thanks." as he left the room to make a phone call.

 ---10 minutes later---

I only saw him walk back in sighing even though I could tell that he wasn't okay, but he still faced me with a smile but I could tell that he was hurt. After a short while he finished up is food and just started drinking few cans of beer until he was more or less passed out.

I walked over, draped the blanket over him and sat on the side of his bed as I sat on his bed he turned around and started mumbling "dont go". I just gave him a head pat and said "rest easy Y/N-kun." as I proceeded to  get up when he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a hug as he fell asleep 'this is fine' I thought to myself as I dozed off in his embrace facing him