Chapter 68- Please

*Nat's point of view*

After half an hour, the boys came back and I had composed myself, making sure I didn't look like I had been crying. They brought me back a sandwich which I ate, staring at Steve while the guys talked. I can't handle this for much longer. I need him conscious. I looked at my phone again, 9.30am. I finished my sandwich and just began going over all possible realities that could occur.

"Hey Nat, you okay? You seem preoccupied." Clint asked, snapping me out of my toxic daydream.
"Yeah, I'm just worried about him." I weakly smiled, still looking at him. What I would give to see those beautiful blue oceans he has for eyes once again.
"He'll make it through this. If not for himself, for you. He loves you so much and I'm sure he would do anything to be back with you." Tony smiled. "Wait, I just realised, I haven't seen you two together, neither has the team! I'm excited to see Romanogers in action!" He said the last bit and took me by surprise, and himself.
"Yeah, your not seeing any 'action'." Clint hit Tony after saying what he did.
"I didn't mean it like that!" Tony defended, rubbing his arm after Clint's punch.
"Yeah, no one is going to see us in action. You can see us together... Hold on, did you come up with a nickname for us?" I asked, slightly taken aback.
"Yes! Me, Wanda, Sam, Bucky and Clint came up with the nickname before you two were even an item, probably before you thought about being an item as well." Tony admitted and Clint hit him again in the same place.
"Really?! I thought we were keeping the nickname a secret you dickhead!" Clint got irate.
"Boys, it is quite a good nickname but you two really do have to start doing something with your life rather than shipping me with Steve." I advised and Tony smiled.
"Well, I will ship you two no matter what! Your meant to be together and you can't change my mind." Tony day back and crossed his arms while I just rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to Steve.

A knock came from the door and in walked a doctor with a trolley. He had the usual doctors scrubs on. Brown hair at the top of his head with no facia hair.
"Hi, I'm here to bring Steve out of his coma?" He smiled.
"Your in the right place." I weakly smiled back, looking at Steve with wide eyes.
"This should be simple. All I need to do is inject him with some pain relievers and then the drug to bring him out of his coma. You can even continue holding his hand." He smiled. Come on, Nat. Deep Breaths. He will be fine.

A nurse walked in, an intern with her hair tied back and she wheeled a trolley and he took out two injections. I was freaking out more than Steve would be if he was even awake! Clint and Tony were standing up out of the way of ten Doctors but we're still able to see Steve and me. I looked at them for reassurance, They both weakly smiled and Tony mouthed "he will be okay." I took deep breaths and watched as he injected the first needle. No reaction came from Steve. He still lay quiet and still. He gently pushed down on the needle, pushing the fluid into Steve's arm. Still no reaction. I looked at the heart monitor and it still had regular heartbeats. I'm so scared.

The doctor paused, looking at me trying to control my breathing.
"I'm not going to lie to you, if he reacts badly to this injection... it- it could be fatal." He stuttered. I nodded and continued my regular breaths, closing my eyes tightly before reopening them to see the nurse had moved to my side and was rubbing my back to calm me down. He put the needle in Steve's arm. I looked at Steve's face and saw no reaction but that wasn't the bad part. The doctor raised his eyebrow at me and the nurse and then looked back to the injection, pushing the liquid inside Steve's veins. I waited a few seconds and looked at his face. No reaction.

"There's no reaction! That's good, right?" I asked, desperately. The doctor stepped back a little before answering.
"It will take a minute for the drug to work. He will either wake up or... who knows, Steve has this super serum so we can't predict what is going to happen." The Doctor huffed. We waited in silence, everyone's eyes fixed on Steve's closed eyelids.
"Come on, Steve." I whispered, caressing his hand.

Suddenly, he started jolting, vibrating. He got really hot really quickly. It was like he was having a seizure!
"Get the defibrillators!" The Doctor shouted, I began panicking. The world closed in around me. The nurse had ran out the room and back in with another trolley. I saw Clint and Tony stand up worried and alert.
"Come on, baby. Don't leave me." I began crying. "Please Steve!" I cried. I saw Clint look at Tony and they both looked at me, panicking. My breathing more erratic than his heart beat on the heart rate monitor. "Steve! Please baby! I need you! I love you, please don't leave me, baby!" I yelled again. An alarm started to go off. I felt my eyes fog up. The boys had left the room.
"1, 2, 3, now!" The doctor plunged two defibrillators into his chest and his entire body jumped but the heart rate still didn't change. No, no, no!
"Come on, Steve! Wake up, please baby! I need you!!" I screamed.
"1, 2, 3, now!" The doctor repeated the procedure again but still no reaction. "We're losing him!!" He yelled.
"Ma'am, Im going to have to ask you to-" The nurse tried to shift me but I interrupted her.
"I'm not leaving him!" I yelled. I turned back to Steve who was still in Cardiac Arrest.
"1, 2, 3, NOW!" The doctor yelled again and repeated the procedure. The line on the screen fell flat. The loud continuous beep rang in my ears.
"No! No! No! Steve! Please, I love you! Do not leave me now after everything we have been through!" I yelled gripping his hand. This can't be it! This can't be it! "Please..." I cried, gripping his warm hand in mine.

End of Please