Chapter 75- Finale

*Steve's point of view*

It's been.... 3 years since I left hospital! How time flies. That means I've officially been together with Nat for over 5 years, best 5 years of my life, apart from her being kidnapped of course.

Nat drove home that day, gripping my hand, not being able to mask her adorable dorky smile and her rosey cheeks. We spent the rest of the day off our phones completely, not answering any messages. We just got changed into some pyjamas and laid in bed, watching whatever movies we could find that looked interesting. I would stare at her luscious red hair and beautiful green eyes while she hid behind the blanket for the horror films, laughed at the comedies, cried at the tragedies and cuddled up to my chest for the romances. At the end of the Romance films, she looked up at me and kissed me, telling me we're cuter than they are! I just chuckled and agreed, she's not wrong.

When I got back to Avengers Tower, everyone crowded around the two of us and watched closely when we were sitting next to each other. It's like they all expect us to just break out into a heated male out session every single time we were together! As much as I'd love that, they don't need to see that. It's not really appropriate. Although, we'd drag each other into an empty room or closet every now and again.

It didn't take long for the both of us to be back up and ready for missions. We were still partnered up, even if Fury knew about the two of us. He claimed that because we are together, it gives us more of a reason to take care of each other, which did work. We were soon back to leading mission Partners, above Tony and Rhodes, Wanda and Clint, Sam and Bucky. As there is an odd amount of people of the team, Yelena usually goes with us two or Clint and Wanda, but she prefers them because she gets along with them two really well.

It took a lot for me to build up the courage and do, but I knew that I wanted Nat as my Bride. On one of our days off, I took her to the most scenic place in New York. There is a building just outside the city, when your on the roof and the weather is perfect, it shows the magical New York skyline, the one I know she told me she wanted to see so badly, ever since she arrived in New York with Clint. I planned it all out perfectly, the weather, the timings, the ring, the amount of people. The building happened to be one of the fanciest restaurants outside of town, which gave me a good cover.

I took her on the 6th of September, the weather was not too hot but not too cold. We got changed into some fancy clothes. Nat wore a Red bodycon dress that literally took my breath away, light make up  and some fancy heels. I wore a Black suit and a bow tie, which she said looked "cute". We ate dinner, talking normally, with the small box in my pocket. I glanced down at my watch after desert and noticed that it was half past seven. I took her on to the roof, she was in awe of the skyline. She just looked out at the beautiful scenery while I kneeled down on to one knee next to her, ready to say the speech I had been rehearsing for weeks beforehand. She eventually looked at me and gasped.
"Natasha. I've been preparing this speech for weeks so I'm sorry if it goes wrong!" I laughed, she giggled behind her shock. "You have made me the happiest man on Earth. You are the light in my life and the fire in my soul. Your the one person who has an answer to every question I ask and you always know how to help me through anything. You told me on a date a few months ago that you've never seen the New York Skyline. I wanted you to remember your first time seeing it with a happy memory! I love you so much, more than I have ever done before. I want to make you the happiest woman in the Universe, just so you know how happy you make me every single day you are with me. So, Natasha Romanoff, will you do me the ultimate honour and Marry me?" I smiled, I was starting feel overcome with tears. If she says yes, I am going to cry. If she says no, I am going to cry. I'm going to cry whatever happens!
"Yes." She cried, tears escaped my eyes as I stood back up and gave her the biggest hug ever. We both continued to cry as we squeezed each other tighter. I moved back and put the diamond ring on her finger, she smiled, laughed and cried. I looked back up at her and put my lips on hers, she gladly took the kiss.