Green Thumb 3

Alec had him on his knees, pressed against the wall of the shower. His chest was cold against the tiles, and the floor hurt his bruised knees. Alec was enjoying washing his new hair. Already most of the mud that been coating his arms and legs were gone. Alec had lathered him up and cleaned him down skillfully. Walter just let him.

"Having fun in there?" Marvin called.

"Not enough," Alec complained, hands pulling Walter's hair out to let the water spray over it. "I think we are about done."

"My knees are grateful," Walter did his best not to slip as he got out of the shower. Marvin gathered him up in a big fluffy towel that was once again a lovely size. Meanwhile, Alec looked like a child in his. Make-up gone and bundled in a huge towel. Alec looked remarkably young and vulnerable. Walter smiled at the unhappy look on Alec's face. Sleeping together in the pack's bathroom was not a good idea, no matter how much Alec would like it to be so.

Marvin patted his shoulder before taking another towel and starting to dry his hair. Tugging and twisting Walter until he was sitting on the toilet at Marvin sorted him out. It felt nice to let someone do this for him. "Do you still want Sophie to come and cut it?" he asked.

"No!" Alec declared.

"Yes," Walter challenged, eyeing Alec's own long locks.

Alec's current look involved half his hair shaved with a fade with swirling patterns, while the rest of his black hair tumbled to his chest. The fae preferred to have their hair long. It went with the whole' too beautiful to be from this plane of existence' thing they had. Even Lord Barrow had hair around his shoulders when it wasn't up in a man-bun. Alec's eyes darkened, and he let out a sound of displeasure.

"Alec, Walter is allowed to look how he wants,"

"Not when he's annoyed Uncle," Alec scowled. "Walter, I know you have issues about stuff like this..."

"My family didn't let me cut my hair until they officially disowned me," Walter reminded, his voice neutral but pointed. Alec flinched. Marvin just continued to dry the mane of golden hair. "This is everything they wanted for me, Alec. I want none of it. This is not me. Even if ..." he trailed off, the voice vanishing from his mouth. Even if his powers had awakened, his family had left him. He wasn't returning to them willingly. He'd kneel at Lord Barrow's feet and let him choke the life from him. At least that was his choice.

"You can't ask Uncle for the world, Walter,"

"You're suggesting that my hair being long and being able to finish university are comparable requests? Assuming he allows even that?" Walter lifted an eyebrow. The tension in the air built and the look on Alec's face was hard to look at.

Alec swallowed and knelt down by him, hugging his waist tightly. "Please, just wait. Every little thing will help."

Walter looked away from Alec. He was right. DIdn't stop the overwhelming urge to just hack it all off roughly or flat out shave it all off. Alec kissed his cheek before standing and moving over to the pile of clothes on the side. Marvin stopped drying his hair and instead moved to brush it. Walter lifted his hand and tried to take the brush from him but Marvin shook his head.