Little Lamb Remix 3

Morning came with a heavyweight landing over his legs and a hand shaking his shoulder before it was slapped away as Misha groaned wholeheartedly. "If you wake him up, I swear!"

"The office is panicking because they can't reach him. I put his status on holiday, but Tobias won't stop calling, and I can't answer his phone," Eric said, bemused. 

Lawrie tried not to give his own groan. He knew what Tobias would want, and he didn't want to deal with it. Blindly, Lawrie took the phone from Erick as it began to ring again. He answered it, and Tobias's voice screamed down the phone line at him, high-pitched with stress. Lawrie buried the phone under the pillow and attempted to go back to sleep rather than deal with the other issue. He didn't want to face Misha and Erick. 

"See, why haven't I considered that?"

"Your phone calls are typically too important."

Lawrie ignored the world until the screaming stopped, and Tobias calmed down. He took the phone back out and waited a second to check Tobias wasn't about to start screeching again. "I'm off. I'm not returning until my holidays are over. You can manage."

"No, I really can't!"

"You have access to my spreadsheets. I finished most of the work. Complete the checklist, and everything will fall into place," Lawrie yawned, his jaw popping. It wasn't as simple as that, but other options weren't available.

"It's in the middle of the tax season. How did you get authorization for this?"

"I know, but this wasn't planned," Lawrie offered. Tobias's voice continued to crack. "Belt up, buckle down, and I'll be back before you know it."

"This isn't reasonable! Half your clients won't work with anyone else, and some have already been on the phone threatening to sue if you try to change their accounts," Tobias said. "Couldn't you have waited another few weeks?" 

Lawrie would rather wait, too. Work was far too important at this time of year to be on holiday for an unknown length. He turned to the couple, watching him with open amusement. Both shook their heads. He wasn't escaping them that easily. 

"Boss found me passed out at my computer early this morning."

"Ouch." Tobias's voice returned to normal. 

 "Pretty much. He's blocked me from the system until I complete a mandatory health leave. I will be back asap, I promise," Lawrie said, which was not exactly a lie. It was not the truth either, but close enough that he'd get away with it.

"Did Boss see your emails from HR about your lack of used holiday?"

"Very much so." That was potentially a lie but if Erick had submitted holidays on his behalf, there was no way he didn't know Laurie had threats in his inbox. A body pressed against his. A warm weight that stretched against his full length and traced teeth over his shoulders as a tease. Misha grew tired of this. "I better go. You got this."

"I'll watch for the return date," Tobias radiated exhaustion and resignment. If Erick commanded, the company obeyed. Low-level accountants understood that much.

"Good lie," Erick approved, stealing the phone back with a brief kiss on his lips. "I can work with it. Especially after people saw me make you promise to go home on time!" Erick patted Lauie's arse with enough force to sting. 

"Tax season is busy," Laurie said, not thinking about how his cheeks warmed.

"All the more reason for you to take care of yourself," Misha said, kissing his cheek and flicking his nose. "It's a good thing you're mine for the foreseeable future."