Hell House Drabble 3

Kei froze on the stairs as he saw the half-dressed people in the foyer. He tightened his grip on the railing, mentally cursing. The people looked like there had been about to sleep, dressed in pyjamas and with ruffled hair.

"Who are you?" One demanded. The man had broad shoulders with rippling muscles that Kei could already tell was going to end up fighting the wolves. Lucian had a thing for big muscular men with ego complexes and ripping them apart. This one had both from one look and those three words.

"Oh," Kei tilted his head, forcing his expression neutral. He was going to get in trouble for letting them see him. If he didn't want the Entity to punish him, he needed to stay calm and be smart. "Is it Friday already?" he asked, turning towards the clock. "It is hard to tell sometimes."

"Friday?" One of the soon to be victims asked sounding confused.

"Why does that matter? You're trespassing mate," the muscular guy growled, starting to walk towards the stairs.

"On Friday, we often have guests," Kei commented, ignoring the trespassing remark. If he could leave, he would, but the Entity kept the front door hidden from him and most of the windows too. The Entity was determined to keep Kei in the hell house. He was allowed into the gardens, but someone was always with him. "Master doesn't like it when guests see me," he admitted, scratching the back of his head.

"You live here?"

Kei shrugged, turning on the stairs and walking back up the stairs to the top. "As much as any of the resident," he waved a hand. "Good luck in the games tonight."

"You know about this game?" One of them called. "Can you tell us what the cryptic message was about?"

Kei turned to look down at them from the balcony and pointed over to where the front door should have been "The game started when the door shut." Outwardly he kept his tone neutral, but inwardly he was cursing. He needed a better way to keep track of the days. "There are monsters in the house. They are now hunting you. I suggest you start hiding before they find you."

He turned and left. He could hear someone chasing him, but he knew they wouldn't see him anymore. The Entity wouldn't let them. It would hide the route in shadows. The whole point of him being away from the 'main' corridor was so people couldn't stumble upon him and use his rooms as a haven from the rest of the house.

The spiderlike shadow monster was resting on his bed as he entered the room, fingers playing with the chains calmly above the bed. Kei swallowed. They had only just let him out of the cold metal after his last mistake. The Entity looked at him; the soulless black eyes seemed almost amused. It wriggled its fingers and gestured down.

Kei moved over and calmly knelt on the floor next to him. "I broke the rules,"

"You did. It was an accident, and you did well not to make things worse," the Entity acknowledged, one of its legs moving to ruffle Kei's hair as his hands continued to play with the chains lightly. "You scared the. Most don't notice the door is gone until they are running away," it laughed. The Entity genuinely amused by how Kei had innocently scared the living shit of the people. "Do you think it is worth seeing if you can kill one yet?"