Hunter Thrall 5

Luke drove them back to his house in silence. He wasn't sure where the horse had gone - no, that was a lie. It had likely gone back to the netherworlds, where he was sure he and the Hunter were supposed to be going. Instead, the Hunter had insisted on going to his home. As they pulled up the driveway, the Hunter made an approving sound at the sight of the building. Small and cosy with a large garden, trees and foliage surrounded the house. It had reminded Luke of home. 

"I like it," the Hunter nodded, leaning back comfortably in his seat. "I approve."

"It's a work in progress, but I'm proud of it," Luke chuckled, with a smile. A whisper of sadness tugged in his heart as the reality of the situation settled. "Will I have to sell it?"

The Hunter made a thoughtful noise. "We'll see. I can feel magic here. We may be able to whip something up," he wriggled his fingers and twisted his neck. Creating a portal between his domain and the mortal plane was not always hard, and the presence of wildness here seemed to allow for it. 

"Hook something up?" Luke frowned, but the fae was already slipping out of the car and walking onto the front lawn. Luke's heart beat fast as he twisted, a handsome smile over the man's face. It was a drizzly day, but his Master was beautiful like this. "You used magic on me, didn't you?" he accused as conflicting feelings fought in his chest. These feelings wasn't normal. A person didn't flee from a man for ten years to find them attractive once that man caught them again. 

"Just enough to keep you from panicking," the Hunter waved off uncaringly. "Nothing that stops your free will." He strode over to the front door, neatly hopping over some of the flower beds that line the path from the drive. 

Luke rubbed his chest and locked the car. He didn't know how to feel about that right now. He did smirk as he heard the Hunter curse softly. He walked to the front door with his Master glaring at him disapprovingly. The iron locking mechanism burned the fae and didn't work with their powers. 

"My Lord, you didn't think I put no protections on my home, did you?" he teased, fluttering his eyes as he put the key in the lock. 

"Little mouse," the Hunter growled. A hand landed on the curve of his back, not pulling or pushing him but there. The Hunter's shoulder brushed his, and he spoke into Luke's ear. "You will replace the locks." 

"Of course, Master." Luke shivered and pushed the door open to reveal a small porch ara. A place to put shoes and coats before the wooden staircase upstairs and a narrow corridor to somewhere much lighter. The scent of vanished word and mistletoe felt the air. Luke let the hunter walk in first, helping the man out of his jacket and hanging it up like an excellent host. The Hunter removed his boots and stepped barefoot into the corridor, looking around interested as the carving in the wooden beams. Luke eyed him as he took off his own coat and shoes. 

"The kitchen is the room straight ahead," Luke offered, deciding to start with the best of the house first. "I think you find it to your liking."

"A kitchen?" the Hunter raised an eyebrow but took the hint and ventured further into the house. As he entered, it was apparent why Luke thought this room would impress him. Unlike the front of the house, the back of the house was more modern. Large windows opened out into the half-wild back garden. The rest of the room was nice as well, but this was the selling point.