Hyperventilate

JAMES' P.O.V:

After another night of absolutely no sleep, I had a plan to buy a few very 'important' things. I just had to wait until stores actually opened. I did some research on my phone to pass the time, and I found some pretty useful information, along with a ton of cleansing products that I've never heard of in my life... I instantly got sucked in and before I knew it, I had a full list of supplements that I wanted... no... needed, and there was absolutely nothing that would stop me from finding them.

Somehow.... I ended up here... at a pharmacy across the street from where our tour bus is parked. The second I walked in and saw an advertisement for specialty detox supplements, I knew where I was headed.

It felt like that aisle was calling my name and dragging me towards it. There was nothing that would stop me or be able to at this point.

My head felt like it was spinning, as my eyes stared in wonder at all of the many diet supplement bottles in front of me.

"Green tea fat loss cleanse."

"Diurex extra strength diuretic."

"Metabolic boosters."

"Appetite suppressant."

Until, suddenly, one label caught my eye.

14 Day Açaí Berry Cleanse

I narrowed my eyes curiously, and picked up the bottle. The claims on the front of the bottle led me to not put it back.

Weight loss support flush

Flush up to 2 - 3 pounds of backed up matter clogging your digestive system.

The only parts of those sentences that my brain was able to comprehend were 'weight loss' and 'two to three pounds.'

The second I read those words, I flipped the bottle over and searched for more information, just to make sure I would be getting my money's worth.

I have a tendency to impulsively spend and then regret it... but if this is actually supposed to work and do what it says, there's no way I won't buy it.

Experience the transformative power of cleansing.

Gently flush excess waste and toxins!

Reduce puffiness and bloating

One word: SOLD.

I begin to walk out of the aisle towards the register when I'm caught off guard by three teenage girls, who look like they're trying to hide their excitement. That's when I realized that they probably recognize me and that they're fans.

My heart rate quickens and I suddenly can feel myself flushing.

Oh god... of all times, it had to be right now...

I love meeting fans and hearing their enthusiasm. I love being able to connect with them and giving them hugs and taking pictures. It makes me happy to see other people happy, but I can't help but feel anxiety rising inside of me, because how awkward would it be if they saw what I happen to be buying right now.

I quickly put the bottle in my pocket. I'll take it out when I pay for it.

"Excuse me..."

I turn my head around and the girls faces are painted with shock and excitement.

"Oh my god... You're James Michael... from Sixx A.M."

I smile.

"That's me! How are you guys doin?"