Lies Of The Beautiful People

DJ's P.O.V:

"Ain't life beautiful?"

If I had to choose what my favorite part of our shows are, the finale would definitely be one of them. It might be because of the song we choose to end with, 'Life is Beautiful', or maybe it's just because you can really connect with all of the fans when we have them sing along.

I don't know what it is, but I always have such an amazing feeling whenever we get to this point.

It's light out for once. We rarely do day shows, but today we did because it was part of a music festival. It's nice and sunny, but not humid, so at least I know James won't be having any hair trouble... I still laugh thinking about that one show when he couldn't talk to the audience. Man, it's crazy how things have changed.

We've evolved so much as a band, and just our friendship in general. Our music has gotten deeper into the depths of topics that most people are scared to discuss, and bring out certain emotions that others are sometimes uncomfortable feeling.

However, with 'Life is Beautiful', it's different. I don't think there's ever any negative energy from anyone when we play this song.

It's crazy how it all began with this song. If we never wrote this song, or even read Nikki's book in the first place, we would have never became a band. In fact, we were never supposed to be a band. We were just 'friends that wrote music'.

I think it's pretty natural for me to have so many emotions come bubbling up with this song.

It was the start of it all.

This is why we're at the point that we're at today.

"Let me hear you make some noise out there!"

The audience starts screaming as James leads them into the chorus of the song.

"Aliveeee.... Just open your eyes... Just open your eyes and see that...."

He steps away from the microphone, closes his eyes, and puts his hands out, waiting for the audience to sing back.

"LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL...."

"Just open your eyes... Just open your eyes and see that...."

"LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL!"

I get fuckin' chills every single time we do this at the end of our shows. It's so powerful, and gives me such a heartwarming feeling, knowing that we've made an impact on so many people just by writing this song in the first place.

James is smiling so big right now, and I know that he feels the same exact way. You can almost see inside his soul right now, and feel the emotion that traveled from the audience right back into his heart.

"Ohhh, man. You guys sound amazing."

~ ~ ~

Two hours, hundreds of screaming fans, and 13 songs later:

"You know, you were right, DJ. This diner makes fuckin' awesome burgers!"

Nikki is chowing down like a madman, but I can't blame him. I was the one that recommended this place, and I don't know anything else that would hit the spot more right now than a good burger.

I nod my head with a sense of pride, as I take a huge bite of mine.

"I know!"

James ordered grilled chicken with steamed broccoli. It definitely wouldn't be my first choice, but honestly as long as he's gonna eat it, I could care less... even if he's doing those weird things with his food again.