Chapter 1: Where it all began

On September 1st 2017, Kings Cross Station had been a busy place. With the new school year starting, it brought many families there. One family in particular, which consisted of a tall, lanky red-headed father, a smiling, brilliant brown-haired mother, and two red-headed children.

"I wonder where they are?" Rose had said to her mother.

"Don't worry, we'll find them." Hermione had said in response to her daughter's question.

Then suddenly Rose heard the voice of her cousin Albus.

"Hi," Albus said in a worry-some voice.

"Hey," Rose responded in the same kind of voice, while her father and uncle were loading her and Albus's trunks onto the train.

Rose and Albus chatted about how nervous they both were, but then Rose had heard her dad say something.

"So that's little Scorpius, Make sure you beat him in every test," Ron had said in an irritated tone.

Rose pondered this for a minute, looking over and seeing a blond-haired boy hugging his mother and father.

"Ron, for heaven's sake, Don't try to turn them against each other before they've even started school!" Hermione scolded half amusingly at Ron.

"You're right, sorry." Ron had said in response to his wife's comment. But he then whispered something to Rose.

"Don't get too friendly with him, though, Rosie. Grandad Weasley would never forgive you if you married a pureblood."

Rose let out a giggle at this.

"Don't worry I'll be fine." Rose had said to her father as she hugged him goodbye.

"Good." Ron had said in return as he kissed his daughter.

Rose then hugged her mom and younger brother Hugo goodbye.

"You're going to miss me you know." Rose teased at Hugo.

"Mmph, whatever." Hugo said as he let his sister hug him.

Rose then waited for Albus to finish saying goodbye to his father, and then boarded the train with him.

"See you at Christmas!" Hermione had yelled as the train was departing.

Rose and Albus waved to their families until they couldn't see them anymore. They then sat down in a crowded compartment containing all their cousins, in Albus's case siblings. After about a half hour of their older cousins teasing them about being nervous, Rose and Albus decided to head to a different compartment.

They soon approached a compartment with only one boy in it that looked their age.

"Hello, is anyone sitting here?" Albus had said when he entered the compartment.

"No." The boy had said in response.

As the boy looked up, Rose immediately recognized him as the Malfoy boy her father pointed out.

"What's your name?" Albus asked him.

"Scorpius." The boy had said in return.

Rose had looked at him, and now she new for sure he was a Malfoy.

"My name's Albus." Albus said as he sat down.

It took a moment for Rose to sit down, but she did. She was thinking. Should she really be sitting here? The boy looked harmless. If anything, he looked as nervous as Rose and Albus did. She agreed to let herself sit here for just a little bit, and then go back and find the other Weasleys.