Chapter 37: Gifts

November faded into December before anyone knew it. This year was truly going by fast for Scorpius, Rose, and Albus. A great contributing factor to that there was no stress of O.W.L's this year. But, everyone knew what December meant. Christmas time again. Exactly a year ago, was when Scorpius gave Rose her jewelry set that she wore almost every day. A year ago, was when Scorpius had the biggest crush that ever had in his life. Now, he was with that crush. The girl of his dreams. Him and Rose were very happy together. He really couldn't ask for anything else. He had everything he wanted. A supporting best mate. A loving, beautiful, sweet, brilliant, gorgeous, girlfriend. And surprisingly, a supporting father. There was only one spot missing. But, there was nothing he could do about that.

To be honest, Scorpius was probably the happiest he had ever been in his life right now. He was distracted from thinking about his mum. But, if she still were there, that would make Scorpius probably the happiest person alive. Scorpius knew that Astoria would have loved Rose. Those two would have had a lot in common. Scorpius really wished that his mum could have met Rose. They would have gotten along really well.

But, again, there was nothing Scorpius could do about that. That was life. Sometimes it was great. Sometimes it wasn't. A great thing was, that Scorpius had a piece of his mum with him all the time. The necklace that Rose got him last Christmas. That was the best gift Scorpius ever received in his life. Whenever he was feeling stressed, excited, proud, or some other kind of emotion, he would flick open the shackle, and just stare at the beautiful misty portrait of his mum. It was like she was almost there. Whenever Scorpius did this, he felt a chilling draft. It was like Astoria was right in that moment. Like she was always looking down on him.

Anyways, it was soon to mark the one year anniversary of Scorpius receiving that necklace. This past year had been the best of his life. He had to make sure he did something special for Rose this year for Christmas. Considering that this would be their first official Christmas as boyfriend and girlfriend. He didn't know what he was going to get her yet, but for sure, it would be something great.

***

Rose was thinking very similarly to Scorpius. Christmas was approaching, and considering this was their first Christmas as boyfriend and girlfriend, she had to get him something really special. She didn't know what though. How was she supposed to top last years gift? She really had no idea on what she was going to get him. It really need to be special. She needed to show him this past year had been the best of her life. But, it wasn't like Christmas was approaching in a few days. It was still the beginning of December, so they both had time.

Unlike Scorpius and Rose, Al and Caroline already had some ideas on what they were going to get each other. They also wanted to get each other something special, considering this was their first Christmas as boyfriend and girlfriend together too. The past three months had moved pretty fast for Al and Caroline. Well, they really didn't need to question their relationship. They both fancied each other, and accepted it right away. Rose was a little jealous on how fast Caroline could pick out a gift for Albus.

Caroline, Rose, and Lily were down in Hogsmeade one day in mid December. Next week, all of the students would leave to go home for Holiday break. They were down there in the morning, while Slytherin had Quidditch practice. They all agreed to meet up with the boys later. They knew that Scorpius was at Quidditch practice, but Al, on the other hand, probably overslept yet once again. But, that was a good thing. It would give Caroline the perfect chance to pick out Albus's Christmas gift.

"So, what are you getting my dear brother for Christmas?" Lily asked as the three girls strolled through Hogsmeade that morning.

"Well, I've seen him looking at these boots in that shop this past month. I thought I would just get them for him." Caroline responded as the three girls approached a shop window. Caroline noticed that Albus had been looking at those boots lately. They would be prefect for him. And, they served a purpose too. They would be prefect motorbike boots. Caroline knew that Albus missed his motorbike while he was at school.