Chapter 26: An Interesting Night

The night of Teddy and Victorie's wedding had been and exciting and interesting experience for everyone, including Rose and Scorpius. They danced, stargazed, and just purely enjoyed themselves. Especially when something very interesting happened. After Scorpius and Rose stargazed, they went back to the marquee, so no one would get suspicious on where they were. When they got back, the usual wedding festivities were about to start.

"Every young lady who isn't married, come to the dance floor! The bride is going to throw her bouquet now!" Domonique announced. When their cousin, Rose and Lily looked at each other. They both nodded, and agreed to join, as a joke of course.

"Okay are all the single ladies here? Well, then, Victorie go ahead!" Domonique continued to announce. Now that all the girls were on the floor, Victorie's bouquet left her hand. Rose, Caroline, and Lily were standing toward the back. They weren't going for it, unlike some of the other girls. Alejandra in fact was standing towards the front, with a determined look on her face. But, when the bouquet left Victorie's grasp, it went flying way past the front. It was zooming towards the back. And before anyone knew it, it had landed in someone's hands. That someone's hands was Rose's. She didn't mean to catch it. It was coming toward her, she didn't know what else to do. She stood there with the bouquet in her hands awkwardly. Everyone was staring at Rose. Alejandra looked mad. Ron looked flabbergasted, his mouth was even open.

Rose looked around at all the people staring at her, until she locked eyes with familiar silver ones. Scorpius had witnessed the whole thing. Rose caught the bouquet. He knew what that meant. His imagination then went into overdrive, to a scene where she was in a white dress. This scene excited and scared Scorpius at the same time. He and Rose literally just got together in the last 24 hours. Was this telling him something? Was this a sign?

The awkward staring and silence was then interrupted by Victorie and Dominique's laughs.

"Wow Rose! It's a little early don't you think? I mean your 16, but age is just a number right?" Victorie laughed. The wedding then returned to normal.

"Oh, I don't know." Rose said awkwardly back. She really didn't know who to respond.

After this experience, Rose went back to sit with Scorpius and her cousins. Her and Scorpius didn't bring the subject up, they both internally agreed to this, even though when that bouquet landed in her grasp, they both imagined a wedding scene with themselves in it. For a while, the cousins sat around their table and laughed, until Al said something serious.

"Hey were's James? I haven't seen him in a while." Al said to the table, it was true, no one had seen James for a long time.

"We should go investigate." Lily said, and everyone agreed. Then, they all got up from the table, and may their way outside of the tent. They could hear James before they could see him. They agreed to stay in the spot they were in to listen for a moment.

"For the last time Ale! We can't get married! We are only 18! And I can't move to Spain!" James screamed.

"Why? You do not love me? Is that what it is?" Alejandra screamed back, in a heavy Spanish accent.

"NO! Alejandra, listen to me! We can't get married now. Maybe in a few years. But not now! I can't move to Spain. You know this! You know I just signed Puddlemore!" James yelled very angrily.

"Maybe? MAYBE!? So you do not love me!" Alejandra continued to scream.

"NO! I don't understand why your being so weird about this! Why do you want to get married so bad right now anyway?" James fired back.

"You will never understand! You don't love me! If you did, then this wouldn't be happening! That's it! If you don't want to marry me, then I DUMP YOUR ARSE!" Alejandra yelled, and then disapparated.