Chapter 12: Rose's Recovery

As he could see Albus leave with his family, Scorpius made his way to the Hospital Wing. He was desperate to see Rose. Was she okay? Will she be okay? Many of these types of thoughts flooded Scorpius's head until he approached the Hospital Wing entrance. When he approached it, he called for Madame Pomfrey.

"I'm here to see Rose Weasley." Scorpius said to the matron.

"Her family just left. I should shoo you away, she needs rest, but if you must, I suppose." Madame Pomfrey responded.

"Thank you." Scorpius told her, as he briskly walked to the side of Rose's bed. She was still unconscious. When Scorpius laid his eyes on her, they instantly filled with water. He couldn't see her like this! What if she wouldn't wake up? How long would she be like this? Would she remember everything when she woke up. Then, Scorpius took her hand, and started talking. There was no one else in the wing, and Madame Pomfrey was in her office.

"Rose, I don't know if you can hear me, but, listen, you need to be okay. Please wake up. No, you have to wake up. I could never forgive myself if you weren't okay." Scorpius said in a weak voice. He continued to massage her hand in his.

"Rose, you are one of the strongest girls I know. I really hope you can get through this. If you can read a 500 page book in 48 hours, ace every test, and just be you, then I'm sure you can get through this. And if you need help, I will be there every step of the way. I'm sure we can do this. If can get both get E's and O's in our classes, we can do this right." Scorpius continued.

"But, if you do hear me, let's keep this part between you and me. I doubt you can hear me, but here it goes. Rose, you are one the prettiest girls I've ever seen. I take that back, you are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Your hair is the best shade of fiery red, and your curls frame your face perfectly. Your freckles shower your cheeks very nicely. And your eyes. Your eyes are the richest shade of blue I've ever seen. They sparkle like I'm looking into the ocean. Rose Weasley, I love you. I have fancied you since we were 11. I don't know if you feel the same way, but I just needed to tell you this." Scorpius said as he kissed her hand.

Little did Scorpius know, but Rose was starting to stir awake. She started coming back, and her vision and hearing started to come too. It was weird, all she could see was black. But then, she heard a dreamy voice. She continued to listen to it give her all these nice complements. Then, the dreamy voice said I love you Rose Weasley. The realization then hit her. That was Scorpius's voice. Was she dreaming, or was this real? She decided that she would keep listening to it for another second. Then she felt something. Something hot. It was on the back of her hand. Was that...no. Yes! It was. Rose's insides did backflips. The boy she fancied had just told her he loved her, and technically kissed her. This was just a dream. There's no possible way that this could be real. So, she decided to open her eyes to see if it was true.

Scorpius then continued to hold her hand, and sit next to her in the chair. He wouldn't move until he absolutely had too. (This meant if her family walked in). But, something caught the corner of eye. Rose stirred. She was okay! She wasn't dead! Then Rose fluttered her beautiful eyes open.

"Scorp?" Rose asked in a very weak voice.

"RoSe!" Scorpius replied very startled, and then he cleared his throat.

"Oh Merlins Pants! You're okay! Thank the lord! You had us all scared!" Scorpius continued, but he let go of her hand. Had she heard him? Would she have wanted to hear what he said?

"Oh, you probably want your family! Let me go get Madame Pomfrey." Scorpius said as he stood up.

"Wait. Not just yet! Tell me everything." Rose pleaded. Now she was fully awake, but very soar. Scorpius was the only one there. Had he really said those things?